Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility varied from 20 feet to about 50 at Madrona point his afternoon. Stirred up some in the shallows due to wind and waves, but got better as we got down on the big wall.

Divegoose

About 60 feet of visibility on the big wall at Madrona Point this morning. Surface was clearly visible from the bottom of the wall at 95 feet (sun was out).

Lots of gulls in Parksville Bay this morning, and the herring boats are starting to show up. Enjoying the vis while it lasts :eek:

Divegoose

About 50 feet of visibility on the big wall at Dolphin this morning.

The herring fishery is now in full swing. Saw a coupleof boats close to Madrona Point this morning.Hopefully it doesn't get too much further east and wreck the conditions.

Divegoose

Had a beautiful dive at the end of the Ogden Point breakwater today. Visibility was about 30' and it was as bright as I've seen it (even 85' deep). I saw a group of 7 Puget Sound king crabs and my first blue (or Deacon) rockfish (I've seen them in Barkley Sound, but this is my first sighting in Victoria). That rockfish sighting brings my # of rockfish species at the breakwater to 15, which is way more than anywhere else I've heard of in B.C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom