DIY SP reg service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Mk25 disassembly video is the better of the 2.

On the assembly one there are sections where he moves off camera & you can't see what he's doing. And if you don't speak spanish you might want to just skip the sound, as he chose a background music that has female vocals that are pretty much just whiny. I found it distracting, even though i couldn't understand what he's saying any way.

Last edited:
Question about the "practice" reg: I found an older Aqua Lung 1st & 2nd on CL; I'm not yet sure of the exact models, but...
If it's a piston 1st does it really matter that it's not a SP? I assume (yikes!) that many/most are quite similar anyway.
You know...when I think of the things that I once paid people to do for me, I wonder if I had more $$ than brains! I did my brakes a few months ago...~$30 in parts. That's A LOT less than $150 per axle AND I know that it was done correctly.
I c/n wait to DIY my gear!
What, I cannot believe you would put your children, wife mother and grandmother in such danger. Next, you are going to tell us that you have been changing your own oil and doing tire rotations in some old dusty back alley yourself. This is life support, and haven't you heard, "You my friend, are simply incapable of learning". Only those who sell equipment, new equipment, are capable of comprehending the complexities of the regulator. Now don't get me wrong. Yes, this post is dripping with sarcasm and yes not every person is careful enough to undertake this job. However, the simple act of selling equipment does not make you more capable of learning. Also attending a two day class on how to does not make you an expert. I have been in the back of, and seen the work benches of two different dive shops and must say that if they respect your dive equipment as much as they respect their equipment then.... well we will just leave it at that.

Do a search: much has been said by the guru's, awap, couv, DA Aquamaster, halocline, herman, Luis H et al.
The only real issue left is how to get the parts in the US.

Back
Top Bottom