Tusa Conquest II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a conquest for rec instruction. I used to use it for rec diving. The additional buoyancy was a surprise to me the first time I used it in Cozumel. I needed 2 pounds more than my normal weight. The pockets on the conquest are great particularly the one on the waist. I use that for defog. The one on the shoulder, I use for keys, credit cards, and tip money.

It has really good weight distribution for a rec bcd. However, if you are really into it, for the same amount of money, you should go to a backplate and wing. Properly setup, you will have the best performance as it is infinitely configurable.

How much of a hassle is the Conquest to pack and fly with? Pretty heavy?

The conquest is not heavy, but somewhat bulky to pack. When I was using it, I wore it on the plane. I did that for three or four trips. I never had a problem with tsa or the airlines. Many people told me it was a good idea. You don't have to worry about your luggage getting lost. One trip several of us did it.

Right.... but how ditchable is a rear weight system?
It's two 8lb. capacity weight pockets with a velcro release on each one.
I know someone with one, in warm water it's fine, in cold water (SoCal) he wears a belt also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom