Liveaboards in Panama City, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanApprentice

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a liveaboard in Panama City, Fl. Looking for 1-3 day trip for single diver (haven't found anyone in chattanooga to dive with). Any suggestions or experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks!​

I learned to dive in Panama City, and as far as I know, I don't think that there are any Live Aboards that operate out of there. It is mostly 2 (or 3) tank day trips. IIRC, most of the wrecks are 45 minutes to an hour off shore and the boats leave in the morning and come back in the afternoon.

It sounds like you might be looking for something like a Flower Gardens trip.
Fling Charters

One of the Bahamas liveaboards moved to Panama City IIRC, with big plans to operate there. I haven't heard of the boat since they bought it.

^ Easy Goin? They don't seem to have made it work - website listed in quote is dark. There's also a generic Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/bennettdivecharter/about/

Thanks for the list. Here is an update. The Easy Goin was sold to www.bennettdivecharter.com July 2012. She has been re-named
The Samantha Marie. She has been in dry dock in Stuart, FL since July 2012 undergoing a complete renovation. Renovations include:
1. Engine Overhauls (2 Detroit 1271's)
2. All new electronics.
3. Brand new steel bottom.
4. New Paint.
etc.
All in all she has undergone $200,000.00 of upgrades and improvements.

Her new home will be Panama City Beach, FL. Expected operational date is May 2013. We will begin booking live aboard dive charters
June 2013.

Thanks
Tim

Easy goin' is no longer operational, at least by Bennett dive charter. Hoag, any suggestions on dive shops to go through down there?

Unfortunately, no. It was several years ago, and any info that I have especially regarding recommendations would be out of date.

The ones I know of, or have heard about, are going to be a longer drive for you than PCB. But worth it. Meaning, Palm Beach (going across to the Bahamas) or Freeport Texas (out to the Flower Garden and Stetson Bank national marine sanctuaries offshore.

I've done the former, not the latter (yet).

My "day dive" territory out of New Orleans, is Orange Beach and eastward to Destin. Nice diving, but lacking the offshore "destination" to center a liveaboard around.

I know all this because I'm an English major ;-) Listen to Frank ("Wookie") who has run liveaboards out of Freeport, then Key West, for real-life advice.

Yeah, I'm extremely familiar with both shore and boat diving from PCB to NOLA and haven't ever heard of a liveaboard. Other than Flower Gardens (I haven't been there), I don't know of anything far enough offshore that would justify overnight diving. I could be wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom