Custom Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used a Wetwear 3mm suit for a few years now. All I can say is that the suit does not compress as much as the old rentals I was using so they stayed warm even at depth. The EZ-on zippers makes getting in and out of them simple and comfortable. They do seem more buoyant at the surface though but I have been really pleased with it. Excellent quality suit.

I have used a Wetwear 3mm suit for a few years now. All I can say is that the suit does not compress as much as the old rentals I was using so they stayed warm even at depth. The EZ-on zippers makes getting in and out of them simple and comfortable. They do seem more buoyant at the surface though but I have been really pleased with it. Excellent quality suit.

I heard that the "stiffness" of the suit makes it last long but restricts movement so you can not reach behind you are turn off the valves because rubatex is card-board like material. While it gives a long life to the suit, wearing it and performing acrobatics in it is not the most pleasurable experience. True?

So you are stating a position without actually having experienced it?

@Jim Lapenta might shed a little light on these suits and technical diving.

I heard that the "stiffness" of the suit makes it last long but restricts movement so you can not reach behind you are turn off the valves because rubatex is card-board like material. While it gives a long life to the suit, wearing it and performing acrobatics in it is not the most pleasurable experience. True?
no

I fell for this pitch as well and ended up with a wetsuit I can only use in the warmest months here in S Calif.
Is that due to the material or the fit of the suit?

The 3mm material is very flexible and the leg and arm zippers make it easy to get on and off. The material and workmanship is holding up well.

Mine is cold because it fits very poorly. Even after being sent back for alterations with pictures of the problem areas and confirmation of the measurements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom