3 products tested to see how good they work as Anti-Fog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaPrince

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is the 2nd part of What do you use to stop your mask from fogging?
What do you use to stop your mask from fogging?

So my group in my Marine and maritime studies course tested 3 products which were, Screen Cleaning product (to clean monitor or laptop screens), Seaweed (we bought some sushi wraps/dried seaweed and soaked them in water and Potatoes.

None of the snorkel were prepared over night so these are not as effective.

We had pictures with words, letters and numbers on them (Similar to the ones they use to check if sign up accounts are not robots). We did a clear test, and foggy test and then tested the products and tried fogging them up 6 times then looked at the pictures.

The pictures were random difficulty so we did not get a 100% accurate result, but the results were Clear - 3/3, Foggy - 1/3, Potato- 3/3, Sea Weed - 0/3, Screen Cleaner - 3/3.

When we applied it the mask still fogged up and was not clear but it was better then using nothing.

We tried doing products which we thought were unique and not common products like baby shampoo or spit, thanks for the suggestions and if you have any questions i will try answer with my best of ability

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom