Red Sail Sports Offers - Back to the 80s - Sale Prices for Dive Packages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@KathyV - are they doing this because they just partially sank one of their dive boats recently?:eek:

JK... looks like a good deal, but my neon wetsuit is pretty faded.

@KathyV - are they doing this because they just partially sank one of their dive boats recently?:eek: JK... looks like a good deal, but my neon wetsuit is pretty faded.

LOL!

I was at the Our World Underwater Scuba Expo in Chicago yesterday and I said to one of the reps from Red Sails "Didn't I just read that one of your boats recently sank in Georgetown Harbor?"

She immediately corrected me and said "It didn't sink, it was just swamped and had to be towed in. We had a strong storm blow in very suddenly the other day!"

$80-$100 per 2 tank boat dive was not the prices in the 80s, at least that is not what I remember. I do have some of the prices in my old old old log books and I thought it was about 1/2 that. Could be wrong though.

I dove GC in 1980 and I don't think the prices were that high also I think other dive ops have similar prices on a regular basis not just a so called "special".

According to the wayback machine, $85 for a 2 tank in 2001, so I imagine it was cheaper in the 80s -
Red Sail Sports Dive Rates

maybe they meant back to the $80s :wink:

According to the wayback machine, $85 for a 2 tank in 2001, so I imagine it was cheaper in the 80s -
Red Sail Sports Dive Rates
maybe they meant back to the $80s :wink:

Well, if you buy 5 days of diving it comes out to $45 per tank or $90 for 2 tanks, so they are getting closer to the $80s!

Since this is their 30th anniversary they must be referring to 1987 prices. I also dived Grand Cayman in the 1980s but I don't remember the prices, just that it was more expensive than Cozumel or Bonaire (it still is!)

Well, if you buy 5 days of diving it comes out to $45 per tank or $90 for 2 tanks, so they are getting closer to the $80s!

Since this is their 30th anniversary they must be referring to 1987 prices. I also dived Grand Cayman in the 1980s but I don't remember the prices, just that it was more expensive than Cozumel or Bonaire (it still is!)
well the special packages include some other stuff, so they actually do hit the $80s.

well the special packages include some other stuff, so they actually do hit the $80s.

That's true!

Packages include:
  • Daily two-tank dives
  • Sunset Sail aboard 65’ catamaran
  • Commemorative t-shirt
  • Entry to the International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame Museum
  • Discounts off additional diving!
    • 50% off afternoon one-tank dives (One-Tank Kittiwake not included)
    • 25% off night dives
    • 25% off Stingray City dive

I dug out the old log books. In 1982 a two tank boat dive was$37.50. It also included a complimentary small tuborg beer between dives. Can anyone guess the op? A single tank boat cost $15.00 in 1979.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom