26% O2 to equal DSAT computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't lie to your doctor.
Don't lie to your lawyer.
Don't lie to your dive computer.

They all make decisions based on what you tell them being true.

The worst part is the output is now worthless and if you do hit a limit you will assume you are still good but you won't know by how much.

I recently heard that in order to get an Aqualung i450 to match a computer using DSAT, set the i450 to 26% nitrox and it will be very similar to the DSAT.
This thing you "recently heard" is not true. You can maybe match the NDL on the first dive, but not the rest of the algorithm, and it will be VERY wrong on a repetitive dive,
Thoughts on the concept?
Dumb, dangerous idea.
Is there a "safe" way to make a Z+ algorithim more forgiving to match profiles with DSAT computers?
No.

do NOT adjust the fO2 to alter conservatism. If you don't like the algorithm on your computer, sell it and get a different one.

Exactly that... dive by the algorithm you have or buy another computer.
It is never a good Idea to play around that way, it's your health you are playing with at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom