Where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep hearing Cayman is fab for new divers. Is that not an option? Where does your wife want to go?

... Shallow reefs
... and lots of critters,
... and warm water!
... Easy to get to.
Never dove there, not sure about cost of accommodation or diving (all boat?), but those (above) look like four good point to me.

@mselenaous might be a source for some details. We booked our diving with the operator she works with, but my wife booked the lodging/air independently beforehand.

Last edited:
@Crazybaldarcher - 6 miles out is definitely too far to swim but a very short boat ride. For what it's worth, we book through Rainbow Reef Dive Center. They offer really nice Hotel and Dive packages, You can put together a package on their site, get an idea of price and give them a call to book it. We've stayed at the Holiday Inn through Rainbow Reef and this upcoming trip we're staying that the Key West Inn, the rooms at that hotel have a kitchen so it saves us a little money.

Okinawa diving is awesome and 90% of the dives are easy entry dives, there are also very difficult entries like Toilet Bowl and Bolo point, but you can't beat the diving. I've also heard nothing but awesomeness about Palau

Bonaire or Cayman.

Leisurely shore diving is the best. You're on your schedule, not a dive boat's.

If you want to drift Cozumel is tops.

South Fl for combo wrecks and reef. Good stuff in the keys. Pennekamp, spiegle, alligator, Eagle, Loo Key, hit up the Vandenburg when you're in Key West gettin weird. Ft Lauderdale area diving is fun, just a short drive to Miami if you want the night life. You can even swim out from the beach in spots like in Dania and snag lobsters if that's something you're in to. If you've got the time a 2 day trip up to the Gainesville area has beautiful springs. Blue grotto, ginnie, manatee, devils den. Way different than ocean stuff.

Perhentian islands in Malaysia is great if you want some adventure. Thailand (at least Koh Tao) is mad touristy. I found the Philippines pretty expensive compared to the rest of SE Asia.

I was certified in Aruba, and loved it. I highly recommend getting certified there. If not, and depending on where you are and how far you want to travel, Maui is also very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom