Wetsuit shopping near Tulsa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPDenny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,
My son & I are in the market for wetsuits & I need to know the best place to shop in person within driving distance of Tulsa, Ok. If Scubatoys is it, that's no problem, but if there is something closer that would be great too.

Thanks,
Getting ready for a spring break trip to Key Largo!!!:)

Have you tried the three dive shops located in Tulsa? Another option is to drive down to Lake Tenkiller, I have a good selection at my shop, Gene's Aqua Pro. It's always a good idea to try on your wetsuit to make sure it fits and supporting your local dive shops that support dive education and local diving and pay taxes in to the local economy doesn't hurt either.

(I just posted this in another forum lol so I am copying and pasting my own response) In order to be fair I dont side up with any one shop so Ill name a few. Genes is an older shop that just came under new management within the past few years and has really become a neat little place to stop. Its located just minutes from our dive park on the lake. The owners name is John. New website with a hot new look for 2014

We also have Nautical Adventures further North up the lake and they specialize in a lot of different gear for different needs. The owner got married a few years back and she really gave the shop some pep with helping to rearrange the shop so it too has had a face lift inside over the past few years and their staff is great too. The owners name is Tim. Nautical Adventures Scuba <br />Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma

Ocean Impact is located East of the lake in Fort Smith and I have heard great things about them but really have never been inside. Their instructors have been to the lake for classes though and I give them top notch ratings on their friendliness. Sorry but I am not sure who the owner of this one is. Ocean Impact - Scuba Services for the Fort Smith, AR River Valley

Oklahoma City to the West has alot of diveshops and far too many for me to come up with but they do have Blue Water Divers, Scuba Shack and many more. If I missed any I hope they will feel free to post after me their shop. I have been to most and no complaints on any of them.

There are 3 in Tulsa located just up the Muskogee Turnpike. One of them is named Dive Site Scuba and the owner is named Terry. Terry has SSI instructors and has had good reviews. Tulsa Scuba Lessons, Dive Classes, Diving Certifications from Dive Site

Then there is Poseidon Adventures which is boasted to be Tulsas Oldest Dive store though truth be told this was before I got in to diving so I cant personally verify that. The owner of the shop is named Randy and he is a former Navy Seal (UDT Team) from around the Vietnam era and is the shop I originally certified Open Water with and have most of my Certs through. www.scubatulsa.com

There is also a new shop I know very little about but its named Scuba Savvy and its in Jenks Oklahoma. As it is still new I cant really give much information as I dont know anything about them but one of their instructors has been quiet active in the scuba world and is from what I have heard very well recommended. The owner is Chad and my limited information I have of him is actually all based on 3rd party reviews but seems to be an alright guy. www.scubasavvy.com

No problem. Let me know if i can help more

Back
Top Bottom