Hello F Lauderdale! (march)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there enough shore diving between Fort Lauderdale and the Blue Heron Bridge to not be bored doing 2-3 dives a day for a week?

I only know of two options for shore diving in that area: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, which I find to be pretty boring, and the BHB which is fun and filled with interesting critters.

Booked my hotel just south of Jupiter and got myself sorted for the emerald charters/scuba time sharky dive on the 23rd of March!
Thanks for your help everyone!

Glad to see your all set up for your trip. Hope you have a great time and let us know how your trip went.

Back in Cali after Cuba and Florida.
Just wanted to post here and thank everyone for the recommendations.
Dove with my total newbie diver friend with Pompano Dive Center and he was really happy with them. His nervousness was soon forget and we even attempted to book another day with his wife who's even more nervous. Unfortunately the weather got a bit too heavy for them.

After the two dives with PDC, I went and picked up a rental car and drove up to stay the night near Scuba Works for the Emerald Charter dives with the lemons. I'm so happy I put in the time and extra effort!
It was really fun and I'd definitely recommend it too! Plus, the two other divers and myself lucked out because 2 or 3 others canceled at the last minute so it was like a private charter!
I also learned that turtles can be very hazardous to your health when they decide they want to mate with you. Especially when they act all sneaky and swim up behind you when you're paying attention to sharks. You've got some pretty aggressive and horny turtles out there!

Thanks again!
Now off to the Marianas forum to research some more diving!

I also learned that turtles can be very hazardous to your health when they decide they want to mate with you. Especially when they act all sneaky and swim up behind you when you're paying attention to sharks. You've got some pretty aggressive and horny turtles out there!
Now, since it would be documenting a natural behavior (well, if you were a turtle anyway), I think pics would not have to be censored...

glad you had a great time and dives in florida.....glad the divers were respectful even though the turtle weren't...

Nice to see you had a great time. I head they had turtle activity in Jupiter but never imagined it was the kind of activity you described.

If anyone wants to see the videos. i posted them here.
i'm not a fancy videographer so don't expect much.
i just try.

KumiM

Also, I just wanted to add, you've got a gorgeous reef! What a nice and relaxing dive. It wasn't super thrilling or exciting as far as seeing giant gnashing teeth goes, but some lobster and lion fish and a huge array of hard and soft corals in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. A super relaxing and definitely enjoyable dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom