DIY bungee adapter for dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndrewStick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Modeled and 3D printed at home. ABS plastic.

20170209141614.jpg 20170209141643.jpg 20170209141700.jpg 20170209141754.jpg

Nice job! I was considering something similar for a couple old Aladin Pro computers that I keep around as back-ups. What Printer did you use?

Nice work! Wish I could get one. I think it would sell. I am hesitant to cut all the excess strap off my original arm band in case I ever want to sell the computer and this would take care of that issue very well.

Looks cool. But, one broken pin could still result in a lost computer?

Looks cool. But, one broken pin could still result in a lost computer?
The "pin" on my old uwatec is bigger than 1/16 of an inch. It is not going to break.

I use a "bungee" strap for it (since replacement rubber straps are around $40) but simply loop the bungee cord around the pins on each side and tie it off in the middle so that it would take 2 failures (2 pins or 2 parts of the bungee) to lose the computer. No adapter required.

AndrewStick, that looks pretty cool, job well done. I'm surprised Mares hasn't already made one for the Icon HD Black Edition. I've got the same computer, works like a charm. Would you be willing to make another one to sell? Thanx in advance.

AndrewStick, that looks pretty cool, job well done. I'm surprised Mares hasn't already made one for the Icon HD Black Edition. I've got the same computer, works like a charm. Would you be willing to make another one to sell? Thanx in advance.
Been looking for a similar solution, how has this held up and how has this held up and thru how many dives this year? Let me know if you are selling them and what the cost would be. Thanks

I converted my Cochran to bungee. I when to the dollar store and bought a $1 wire kitchen whisk, it's cheap stainless wire. I cut a tine from it, slipped it through the wrist-band holes and curled each end into 720 degree loops. I threaded the bungee through the loops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom