Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:) did you find popcorn ?

Probably was harder to keep owners in line ...

sadly no, just waiting for the story of finding the ROV owner! :)
The story of finding the owner...
After cleaning the unit I emailed the company that built it asking for some help, they told me that there was a serial# on the unit but I could find none. So I sent them pictures of the unit, the owner of the company recognized it as one of the first ones built (no #'s ) but a name designation. So they contacted the owner who contacted me.
The story goes that he has multiple units and was on lake George with the floating classroom allowing the kids to fly her. They were attempting to video the Radeux (1770's wreck of a French Indian war ship in 110 ffw) when she was lost. Dew to the length of teather and depth he assumed the teather had snapped instead it had wrapped around a site marker.
The state in all of glory marked the site wrong this spring (the local dive opps noticed this and dove gps coordinates instead of the markers) the one I dropped down on looks like it is in a desert area 100yards from the wreck) so I did not dive the wreck but did find a cool story and a new friend 5 states away.
Mailed his unit back to him and he is attempting to rebuild her and fly it again...
Thanks for reading
Ben

The story of finding the owner...
After cleaning the unit I emailed the company that built it asking for some help, they told me that there was a serial# on the unit but I could find none. So I sent them pictures of the unit, the owner of the company recognized it as one of the first ones built (no #'s ) but a name designation. So they contacted the owner who contacted me.
The story goes that he has multiple units and was on lake George with the floating classroom allowing the kids to fly her. They were attempting to video the Radeux (1770's wreck of a French Indian war ship in 110 ffw) when she was lost. Dew to the length of teather and depth he assumed the teather had snapped instead it had wrapped around a site marker.
The state in all of glory marked the site wrong this spring (the local dive opps noticed this and dove gps coordinates instead of the markers) the one I dropped down on looks like it is in a desert area 100yards from the wreck) so I did not dive the wreck but did find a cool story and a new friend 5 states away.
Mailed his unit back to him and he is attempting to rebuild her and fly it again...
Thanks for reading
Ben
Awesome!!

wow ... fantastic story !

Great story and happy ending! :)

I put a text file in the memory chip that has my name and contact info, you might look for something like that.

Every camera and phone I get, I do a powerpoint slide with my contact information and take picture. That's the first image on all devices.

What, if anything, have you found and salvaged on your dives? I'm not talking about scavenging wrecks, I'm just curious to know what items, if any, all of you have stumbled upon while diving.

Here's my list to date :

4 kg of lead weights
2 masks
1 snorkel
1 safety sausage
1 bottle of champagne
1 dive knife with integrated bottle opener
assorted litter

found a really nice mask and snorkel off of Bird Rock, keep it as spare on boat for others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom