Frog kicks with Nova fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a set of nova fins and a set of jet fins.

The regular nova fins are quite soft and I found that I had to modify my kick a bit to make it work.

If you want that kind of fin and do a lot of frock kicking you are probably going to want the Seawing Gorilla fin which is similar but stiffer.

I have a set of nova fins and a set of jet fins.

The regular nova fins are quite soft and I found that I had to modify my kick a bit to make it work.

If you want that kind of fin and do a lot of frock kicking you are probably going to want the Seawing Gorilla fin which is similar but stiffer.
I have the Nova fins too, I'll just have to use a modified frog kick. Guess it's not impossible at least. I was just wondering since I want to learn frog kicks this season.

I don't have Nova's but the instructor for my Wreck course did. From behind his frog kick in Novas looked quite efficient.

Personally being a swimmer I've spent many years perfecting the breast stroke whip kick (Which doesn't work with flippers) so a Frog kick is very unnatural to me.

i had to use them in the disney tank dive. they will frog based on my n = 1, but it's not as easy as with jets, and i *could not* get them to back up.

I've done about 20 dives on nova fins and I don't really notice much difference. Then again, everyone is different.

Happy frog kicking :)

Back
Top Bottom