new equipment reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davemarbio

Registered
Reaction score
I am helping a friend buy her first set of gear. doesnt want to spend alot.
any suggestions on sites that do honest and good reviews?
i am looking at a cressi package: start pro bcd, xs2/ac2 piston reg, mini octo.
any info will be appreciated.
thanks

I am helping a friend buy her first set of gear. doesnt want to spend alot.
any suggestions on sites that do honest and good reviews?
i am looking at a cressi package: start pro bcd, xs2/ac2 piston reg, mini octo.
any info will be appreciated.
thanks

I wouldn't buy anything Cressi for scuba at all especially regulators.

What is the price on that set and what is your budget? That will give us some room to work out some suggestions.

Cressi had a great reputation years back but have slipped into a lower tier level for some time now. It's not bad gear as such but there's better value deals available for sure.

Any reason? bad equipment, bad service?
Low grade equipment in quality and performance ESPECIALLY regulators and including BC's. Again, I wouldn't buy anything Cressi scuba. There are far better quality equipment out there with better value.

As far as reviews go, your original question, there are a few sites but generally I have received the best info on this board.

If you search on here you will find threads on nearly every type of gear imaginable.

thanks. I'll try to stay with the classics. aqualung, oceanic, genesis

All good brands. There have been some developments on the middle spectrum gear though. I love my Deep 6 regs and they are great value. Brands like HOG etc are also worth a look at depending where you are in the world. Mares have some value offerings as well.

Back
Top Bottom