Bayahibe Dominican Republic Diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forget the north shore, to much surf and poor vis, its a tourist thing, not for SB divers who mostly know what they are doing and follow the rules of diving. Call Sue at Scuba Fun if you want to do some nice comfortable diving on wrecks and beautiful reefs and also enjoy the culture. She is tops!!

Easy to book one or more days of diving if staying in Punta Cana or La Roma and find transportation services.. Also Carnival cruise ships arrive frequently and diving can be arranged.

Thought the only cruise port was in Puerto Plata. Are you saying a dive op in Bayahibe will plan for transportation from PP to Bayahibe?

however in DC the US $1.00 is worth about $2.00 when converted into DC Pesos so forget the credit card, in DC cash is king. Whats in your wallet???

What is DC? Isn't the currency in DR the DOP (Dominican peso?)

Just looking for some clarification, Thanks

Thought the only cruise port was in Puerto Plata. Are you saying a dive op in Bayahibe will plan for transportation from PP to Bayahibe?

I highly doubt it. That is a good distance. Maybe 3 hours by car and that's driving Dominican Republic style. Don't expect to get lucky like I did when crossing the island. I was passing/speeding when there was a speed trap. Fortunately the van I was passing blocked their view of me. I can only imagine the bribes I would have had to pay to get out of that one.

Caravel Ships do come into La Roma, which is maybe 15-20 miles north of Bayahibe on the same bay. There is also an airport there. The roads are limited in DR and probably difficult and time consuming to get north to Puerto Plata, since there is mountain range down the center of the country. Pubic transportation to Bayahibe from La Roma is readily available. Many people stay in La Roma as its larger and has more options for accommodations and night life.

The currency is the Dominican Peso. US dollars can be converted into DR pesos easily at the local banks or upon arrival at airports. Use the local currency and get small bills, it is much easier to spend in local shops and restaurants.

Hi Bayahibe is a really great place for diving. Many divesites with intresting seelift. Today we had a manatee
in Viva Shallow very great place shallow but a lot of diferent fish.
Let make with GO DIVE BAYAHIBE a privat diving trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom