new equipment reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not seen that one yet, I'll have a look. My wife loved her Zena before going sidemount and my Ranger LTD still gets wet occasionally. Not cheap when I bought either of them though.
They're brand new... I don't think they've been out quite ten years yet. :D :D :D

You want a detailed technical report whenever one gives their opinion here on SB?? Does this apply to positive reports also????

My opinion is based on my own experience and my staff's opinion and our students opinion. It is also strongly shaped by our experience with failures and frequency of need for repair.

Note: It isn't just performance, but it is also about reliability and down time with equipment.

It has gotten so bad with Cressi that we are indeed phasing their equipment out of our training fleet.

@RainPilot Here's a link to my review of it from 2009: Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

You want a detailed technical report
You indicated that you 'tested' them. If you tested them, then work of breathing wouldn't be hard to come up with and would be a nice fact.

FWIW, I'm sorry your feathers got ruffled here. Your opinion was soooooo strong, that I would expect some actual substantiation. You either don't have it or don't want to give it, so that's the end of it. As of this point, we knoooooow you don't like Cressi, but we still really don't know why. Don't get mad at me for your inability to convey this kind of information. FWIW, (#2) I also like overly positive opinions to be supported as well. I just find strong opinions to be more emotional than empirical. You've supported that impression. Good job.

Price out their Express Tech. It's my favorite BC and it retails for about $250 or so. Add a crotch strap and you have a great hybrid between a BP&Wing and back inflate BC. Customize it all you want, but the base price is awesome.

i think the basic express tech got discontinued. i only see the deluxe version available for roughly 360+ nowadays.

I'm not sure about your area but here cressi has an almost zero showing. If travel diving is in your life/future I again wouldn't buy cressi as their networks, outside of the EU, are nowhere near as far and wide as SP or AL, well nowhere I've ever traveled to anyway, S.E.A. I've tried their fins which I liked and computers which I didn't, dreadful manuals and not very intuitive.

Cressi mask is OK. Saw couple of divers using the "Big Eye" recently.
I used to have one but replaced it with a low volume one from other brand.

found atomic Z2, aqualung guage console I300 (+ puck computer), aqualung abs octo and aqualung zuma bcd.
all for just under $1K

opinions on this? seems like a decent set-up

Back
Top Bottom