Electronic Dive Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody using the log in scubaearth.com? I haven't looked at any other options, but looks like I should?

I have tried Scubaearth. It is terrible. I thought that PADI wouldn't put their reputation on the line by producung some electronic trash. I was naive. PADI WILL put their reputation on the line by producing electronic trash. Scubaearth is slow, buggy, and I am not sure PADI is even providing support. If they are supplying support, then the support is terrible. Stay far away from scubaearth!

BTW there is another dive log thread that is currently active on SB.

I use Subsurface. It works well on my PC, and it has a nice app for iOS. I don't know if there is something for Android.

I'm using the Diviac app, which is affiliated with the good folks here at Scubaboard, or vice versa. You can upload to the Scubaboard hosted site on your PC from your dive computer, or you can manually enter the data into either the website or via the Diviac app. For those who aren't 100% inclined to trust the cloud, myself included, you can export to an Excel file. I do this on a semi-regular basis as a back up to the cloud back up.

One thing that I do like about both the app and the site is that they provide summaries of your dive experience on the opening screen. This is how it shows up on the site.

32744012544_5ac6eabf52_o.jpg

BTW...I've seen more than 4 animals. That's all that I've bothered to record. :)

Wait, no one uses diverecord.com?

I do. It's decent. I use it as a supplement to my paper log book which is my primary. I also download DiveRecord to Excel so that if it ever dies, I have a record of everything I've loaded.

I have tried Scubaearth. It is terrible. I thought that PADI wouldn't put their reputation on the line by producung some electronic trash. I was naive. PADI WILL put their reputation on the line by producing electronic trash. Scubaearth is slow, buggy, and I am not sure PADI is even providing support. If they are supplying support, then the support is terrible. Stay far away from scubaearth!

BTW there is another dive log thread that is currently active on SB.

I use Subsurface. It works well on my PC, and it has a nice app for iOS. I don't know if there is something for Android.

Yes there is an Android app for Subsurface. Subsurface has everything I need. It can directly download from my Dive Computer. It has cloud and local storage and has a the companion Android App. It's also free.

Last edited:
@doctormike - have you used subsurface in the past? I use subsurface now, just wondering what benefits I might get by switching to macdive. I'd like to see my logs on my phone, for instance.

I had to write code just to get my oceanic diverlog log entries into subsurface, so format standards for importing/exporting logs are an important feature as well. I wouldn't recommend oceanic diverlog for that matter..

Do any of you use the Deepblu app?

Yeah, I tried out Scubaearth when I was first looking for an electronic logbook, and I was STUNNED by what a complete turd it was. It looked like they had a positive start with good potential, but it just...stopped. That was well over a year ago, and it looks the same and is just as slow and buggy when I'm looking at it today. So, I'd say you're right about the lack of support...or attention...or interest... Damn shame, really.

Back
Top Bottom