new equipment reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, you are attacking me because you are trying to defend the brand for some reason, you still haven't answered the question how much Cressi or its dealers are spending here or paying you.
Again, please show me any attack. It's only in your mind. As for answering your question, I hadn't seen where you had asked this earlier, but here's the confidential info you're looking for:

Nothing, nada and squat, in precisely that order. It's not even any of your business and still I've answered your fairly rude question. Now in post 37, I asked you two specific questions. Where are MY answers?

Testing them include diving them and using them in addition to machine testing and follow up on the reports periodically to assure validity of conclusions.
Awesome. Now, what was that work of breathing? I still haven't found that in your response. You claim to have tested them, so please post those results. Or, point us to where you've published those results. It's not that I don't believe you, but I really don't at this point. You won't produce them because you probably didn't do a competent test.

You know, on second thought, don't worry about answering my questions. I already know you can't. You're sucking the joy out of my ScubaBoard experience, so I'm just going to put you on ignore. I'm done with you and your aggression. Buh bye.

Awesome. Now, what was that work of breathing? I still haven't found that in your response. You claim to have tested them, so please post those results.

Here we go again...
The test results were paid for by the organizations that requested and furnished the facilities to test them. They aren't for public use or circulation. Even if there were no restrictions on their distributions, I wouldn't give them to you. I have given you how I have reached the conclusions we have reached from SEVERAL areas of testing including use tests and maintenance/service records. You seem to be focused on a single issue that is undetectable by humans not on actual use by divers and students in addition to service and field failure records.

You don't like any of this, tough manure. Just because you woke up from the wrong side of your bed, doesn't mean you have the right to get your anger and abuse on the users of this board just because you are the "Chairman."

It's not that I don't believe you, but I really don't at this point. You won't produce them because you probably didn't do a competent test.

Lol, as if you know how to do it yourself. You are asking about attacks and insults?

You know, on second thought, don't worry about answering my questions. I already know you can't.

I am not worried at all, you aren't worthy of concern or reply.

I'm just going to put you on ignore.

Thank GOD for this!!!!

I'm done with you and your aggression. Buh bye.

“The pot calling the kettle black.”

Boys will be boys...

Burhanmuntasser, let it go, it's not worth it, the "Chairman" has apparently left the room.

OK. What a waste of time and effort.

Sorry for making you all go through this. My most sincere apologies to you all.

In general I'm also not a big fan of Cressi regs, but as fleet regs, what could be possible a problem with the AC2-XS2?

They are cheap, strong and reliiable (here my customers got them for 105,-US$, 1st & 2nd stage).

They can be adjusted to the same 1,0inch/h2o as similar models of SP, Oceanic, Spirosub and others.

The 1st stage IP can be adjusted with a very exact with a nice screw system.

I never ever had to repair an AC2 1st stage orifice, it's an incredible hard orifice, but I had to repair hundreds of other 1st stage orifices like the MKII.

For me personally is the breathing comfort of the SP (R....) and Oceanic (Alpha......) 2nd stage models in general a bit better, but on the Flow Bench the Venturi is better balanced as in other models (no massive Venturi Override).

The grid in the cover of the XS2 breaks a lttle bit too easy, but spare parts are cheap with Cressi.

So when servicing the AC2-XS2 I'm also testing them, but of course I can see only over time how reliable they are, and for me they are reliable.

They don't come more often on my workbench than other brands.

I'd like to know how the reliability was tested just to have an idea how one can come to the conclusion that all Cressi equipment is not reliable and substandard.

I haven't found out of which regulator model Burhan is writing, I personally had a lot of problems with the Eclipse 2nds, I don't like them, but what could be a problem with the AC2-XS2 Cressi Sub regulator?

For me it's a great value for the price.......

I also like BCDs, fins and masks from Cressi, how have they be tested to come to the judgement that they are substandard?

I understand that one maybe cannot publish the exact number of tests, but I would be interested just to know how the test procedures were conducted, that should not be a secret, right?:)

the "Chairman" has apparently left the room.
Not at all. I just put him on ignore!
For me it's a great value for the price.......
They are... in fact, I just realized that I use their first stages on all my bailout and deco bottles. That's 1 to 4 on every dive. I've been using them in this capacity since 2005 or so. That's a lot of dives with no problems.

Cressi mask is OK. Saw couple of divers using the "Big Eye" recently.
I used to have one but replaced it with a low volume one from other brand.
I've been diving Cressi masks for as long as I can remember. I currently have an old Matrix and a Nano.

found atomic Z2, aqualung guage console I300 (+ puck computer), aqualung abs octo and aqualung zuma bcd.
all for just under $1K

opinions on this? seems like a decent set-up
Make sure you want a console, I prefer wrist.

Oceanic and Aqua Lung computers are all made by Pelagic Pressure Systems. Oceanic has dual algorithm (DSAT & PZ+), Aqua Lung has only PZ+, I prefer DSAT. Read about the two on the Oceanic website

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom