Brisbane Instructor Recommendations for female students

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for an instructor for my grown up daughter in Brisbane.
She is a confident swimmer however not that comfortable in the sea.

I am trying to persuade her to do her Open Water over a couple of weeks rather than a weekend crash course in Bali or Thailand.
There may be a two or more in her group however as they are doctors it may have to fit around their work schedules.

Having see both the great and the terrible results of instruction I understand how easy it is to put students off diving for life.

Thanks in advance for the help
Victor

Give John Gransbury a call at professional dive service. He offers personalised service at a pace that is suited to each student.
Thanks Chris

Give John Gransbury a call at professional dive service. He offers personalised service at a pace that is suited to each student.
Thanks Chris
Thanks Chris I will drop him a message
Victor

I have friends that teach at GoDive. I would trust them.

I think your approach is good. Get the certification with low pressure then go and enjoy the trip and diving.

If you haven't done it yet, I definitively recommend you GoDive!

GoDive recently shutdown as a dive store with full services. They are back but with limited services. Mark, the owner is great so I am sure he would still offer great services.

I've being diving with them constantly, and even after the "shutdown" they still offer the same great service! All the instructors and SM are great and very well trained.

if you are interested in trying the Gold Coast then Pete at Devocean Dive is outstanding. He trained my Wife and Daughter on separate occasions and was outstanding. My wife was very uncomfortable, in fact she had attempted to get certified north of Brisbane and that ended in tears, however, Pete got her in the water and allowed her to progress at her pace, she is now a confident and competent diver...give it some thought.

Back
Top Bottom