waterproof D10 pro ISS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not own a D10 but I bought a D1 in January and I am happy with it. I have about 4 dives in 40 degree water and only needed a light legging and long sleeve shirt - no thermals. This is my first drysuit so I don't necessarily have a reference point but so far so good. The material does seem bullet proof - I have not crawled out of a shore dive but I would expect it to holdup well with the kevlar knee pads.

I like everything about that suit, except it is back-zip and not self-donning.

thanks for the input guys. just tried the D10 and i have to tell you if it dives as good as it feels and fits when dry its going to be an awesome suit. the quality and attention to details is incredible. its physically a lot lighter weight than i envisioned. i'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it dives. i like the feel and fit much better than usia and viking shell suits. i'm pretty sure its gonna be a winner..

I've got 20+ dives on the D10. i dove yesterday in Cayuga lake. i"m currently using the waterproof meshtec under garment with the ultima dry glove system and a light base layer. the water temp was 39 degree's and i stayed nice and comfortable for a forty minute dive,hour surface interval and a 36 minute dive. I really like this D10. I am 6' 230lbs and dive with single steel 104's and 28lbs. I dive the suit with a slight squeeze and find it very comfortable.

Last edited:
I hope this helps illuminate one person's views of the D10:

Approximately 100+ dives over 8 months and it is still going strong. Water temps vary between 41 and 58 with smart wool base layer and a 100 gram MK1 from whites during the coldest dives. Above 50 degrees and I am wearing only the MK1 coverall. Minimal buoyancy effects from 30-100+ foot depths. No noticeable squeeze till about 50-60 before I inflate for one or two short burps. This is a personal preference! Good cushioning from bottom obstacles. I use wet and dry gloves. The neoprene wrist or cuff protectors had to go when I installed Kubi rings. Bummer. I since lost the cuffs and cannot find replacements. It's a double bummer.

A little less dexterity on reaching double valves. I dive mostly side-mount now so this is no longer a concern. I repositioned tanks and and wing to overcome this challenge. I also stretch my arms prior to valve operation to gain a little more reach. This is a slight tweak an ol' timer taught me years ago. A little excess material along the forearms areas. I had to rethink my BP/plate donning and removal sequence during the first months. One concern as with any neoprene drysuit: over heating at air temps above 80. Eh, I just enter the water sooner than my fellow divers by a few minutes.

I carry 24-26 lbs., total to include BP; empty tank/vale combo and regulator setup for single HP100s. I try to distribute the weight so my belt lead is for the max gas consumption. I usually end a dive with 600-800 lbs at the surface. I occasionally carry 2-3 extra pounds to offset a few more bumps of air at depth. I carry less with double back and side mount configuation where a deco or BO is attached.

The boots are a little too flexible for me. I installed really solid ortho-insoles to overcome walking on rocky shores and give me better balance. I used wool or fourth element socks to keep warm and allow circulation. I may install new boots this year. The suit has saved when on the occasion a wave crushes me during exits and I take a fun tumble. Knee pads are long, thick and durable! If I am diving in rough, cold waters or extended deco dives this is my go to drysuit. I have a trilaminate for those fun dives on near perfect conditions or for 30 minute shallow depth, archaeology surveys. I got my large for 1/4 the retail price during a special event. Hands down the best $450 I have ever spent (period).

As the air temps here get warmer the water is still cold enough to wear a drysuit, I find pouring water over my drysuit once in it helps keep me cool. I dive a laminate suit so am unsure if this would help in a neoprene suit but imagine it would.

Back
Top Bottom