Any heated glove experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebutt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all,

I've started looking into heated glove for drysuits. Darn finger tips just won't stay warm - bulked up on core insulation, good air flow, heavy fleece liners, heat packs...

Looked at the DUI and Santi heated glove systems - awesome but EXPENSIVE! Does anyone have any experience with an electric glove that doesn't cost into the thousands?

Thanks!

When I was diving at our local quarry in February, there was a guy with his own homemade heated gloves. He used about 6 AA batteries per hand to power the glove heating element. The battery pack was placed above his wrist, if I remember correctly. It was interesting to see.

I have the Santi vest and gloves. I like the gloves but the vest I'd rather have the scuba force one

I've got the Santi gloves and vest. I've found my hands stay warm with the vest turned on, even with damp gloves (been using the Santi heated gloves unplugged). This in temps in the upper 30*s F with dive times well over an hour.

I've read of people using heated motorcycle gloves, don't recall how they rigged them up. I also recall seeing a thread in which some one made their own heated gloves, don't recall if it was this board or not.

For non heated I had great results with army surplus wool liners under smurf gloves. With the rubber pullover gloves I had to double up on the wool liners.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom