CCR Support or local guide in Bermuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I'm looking to book a trip to Bermuda within the next couple of months, since the wife wants to be somewhere nice and we are avoiding the Caribbean due to Zika.

I've been to Bermuda about 4 times but have never been able to set up diving.

Is there any CCR support on the island and or a local guide that I would be able to hire to avoid the 2 tank dive type trips?

Check water temps and whether dive shops will be open. Water temps cold during winter and don't really warm up until June. I know at least one shop that closes until April. Can't help you on your last questions. PS I think Provo is also listed as Zika free and will be much warmer in the winter.

Provo as in Turks and Caicos?

Cold water doesn't bother me. I dive year round in NY.

Yes, Provo as in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos. Just figured out what CCR stands for. Not likely. They don't even offer nitrox on Bermuda.

correct, very little technical diving here.. there are locals that dive ccr but unlikely they are willing to go out with someone they don't know.

Provo has no technical or rebreather diving. We go almost every year, and I haven't been able to find any shop that supports that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom