Key Largo - Looking for Seasoned diver thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the wife and I will be heading down to Key Largo in June (19-23). I've been planning to call RR. I'll look at the Holiday Inn (as suggested in this thread). Any other hotels that I should look at?

Also, how far are out are most of these dive sites? (how long are the boat rides out?)

I'll be coming out with my newly certified wife. We'll probably be doing the shallow reef circuit.

Also, how far are out are most of these dive sites? (how long are the boat rides out?)
20-30 minutes or so. You'll probably get to see critters along the way, so it goes pretty quick.

Not far at all....

upload_2017-4-19_17-7-55.png

Looks like the wife and I will be heading down to Key Largo in June (19-23)

Hey Jason...you're one lucky dude! The 5th Annual Cajun Invasion will be going on at Rainbow Reef Dive Center that week :) We will be mixing some shallow and some deep. Hope to meet you and your lovely bride...be sure to introduce yourself!

@Jason, I would try to jump in with @CajunDiva et al. They have FUN and she knows how to run a trip!

Hey Jason - forgot about your hotel question. There's also the Courtyard by Marriott right next door to RRDC. We used to stay at Marina del Mar, which is right across the canal. (Because they allowed pets and we used to bring our best buddy Ringo when he was alive :-(

But if you're about to call RR anyway, check out their stay & dive packages...you could save a few bucks:

Key Largo Diving Package Specials | Rainbow Reef Dive Center | Key Largo, Florida Keys

Alabama Jacks on Cardiff Sound Road gas great conch fritters.
Robert is Here in Homestead has fantastic mango shakes.

Hey Jason...you're one lucky dude! The 5th Annual Cajun Invasion will be going on at Rainbow Reef Dive Center that week :) We will be mixing some shallow and some deep. Hope to meet you and your lovely bride...be sure to introduce yourself!
I absolutely will!

I do deep. The bride doesn't (yet). She's got a whopping six OW dives under her belt. This trip is meant to be the "burn it in through repetition" trip. Work on weight, buoyancy, gearing up, etc. Rinse, repeat...I didn't want her to go a year without diving and feel like she had to start over. We're really looking forward to it!

There may be a day that week that she wants to take the afternoon off and I might hop on with all of you (if I can cajun it up enough!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom