Closed: Whites Fusion Bullet Drysuit in LG/XL - excellent condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Torpedo

Pollo Grande Tejano!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I messed up when I previously listed this suit here as a 2XL/3XL - IT IS NOT. When I bought it, that is the size I thought I ordered, but after selling it and it not fitting the buyer, I refunded him and got the suit back. After inspection, it is definitly a LG/XL. I'm relisting now accurately.
Just an FYI. I am just under 6'1" and weigh about 220 now. When I originally bought and used it, I believe I was closer to 235 and it fit fine.

I have less than 10 dives on this suit since I purchased it new from DRIS, all in Florida freshwater caves.
The neck seals have been cut down to fit my neck and may need to be replaced depending on your own neck size. There are no tears and almost no wear on this suit.. It is in excellent condition.
The only puncture is where Gamble marked it for a p-valve (Included picture - white mark, not permanent) but it was only done to the outer skin - not the inner waterproof one. I was planning to send it back to Gamble Scuba to install the valve after my dive trip was over but I never got around to it.

Also included is the White's Carrying Bag for the suit, and any accessories (including fins) you have. There is a small hole in the bag and it looks like some of the waterproofing rubber (?) is flaking but it is otherwise in good condition. I believe I still have the drysuit hood that came with it but I'll have to check to make sure when I get home.

$500 obo.
20161115_100251.jpg
20161115_100430.jpg
20161115_100442.jpg
20161115_100446.jpg
20161115_100337.jpg
20161115_100348.jpg
20161115_101406.jpg
20161115_095745.jpg

Attachments

• 20161115_100259.jpg
    20161115_100259.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 90
Interested...

I'm 5-10.5 and 165 lbs. According to the website I should be at the lower limit of the L/XL however I am skeptical if you say you fit into the suit given you're size.

Interested...

I'm 5-10.5 and 165 lbs. According to the website I should be at the lower limit of the L/XL however I am skeptical if you say you fit into the suit given you're size.

I find it hard to believe also, im 5'10 210lb and is very tight(l/xl), had to get 2xl/3xl
Unless he doesn't need thick underwear or any at all, they it might work

Interested...

Thought I would weigh in, I'm just about your size, 5'11" and 170 lbs. I've got an older (2007) whites fusion in L/XL. Suit fits just fine for me, I actually have some difficulty getting my feet/ankle/calves in and out, but once in everything is ok. This is with a baselayer, and fourth element arctics undergarments.

For the seller, if you look in the front of the suit where the suspenders attach in the front (underneath the intake valve) there should be a small white tag with the month/year of manufacture, serial number and suit size.

I don't see a tag with the manufacture month / year, but it does have the serial that also lists the size. If that info is important, you may be able to contact Whites and get that date. I purchased it 11/28/2010. They were quite popular then so I doubt it sat at DiveRightInScuba for very long, or it may have been drop shipped from Whites direct?

When I put on thick undergarments it did get a bit tight, especially on my shoulders, I seem to recall.. These suits are fairly flexible, at least compared to my neoprene drysuit. I also had to push a bit to get through the ankle area, but there was plenty of room for my feet with thick socks.

I'm going to attach a picture of me in the suit a few months back. I probably only had a t-shirt on and sweat pants when it was taken.

Below is a copy & paste of my order email that includes my measurements (bold). It may or may not be important but I typo'd and put my weight at 129. I'm fairly sure they understood that was incorrect based upon my other measurements but it could have factored into why I ended up with a L/XL when I thought I should have been in a 2XL? Either way, this suit fits me, even if it is snugger than it should actually be? I've never tried on another Whites suit so maybe I should have had a lot more room inside. I didn't dive it enough to figure it out. Again, my memory is a little hazy on all of this but I don't think I dove it until a year after buying it. I took it along on a cave diving trip and first used it after multiple days diving in 68 degree water in a 5mm wetsuit = I was starting to get really chilled on longer dives. The actual dive use on this suit may be less than 5. I looked in my logs for that time but I didn't notate what suits I was wearing. I just know I finished up the last few dives on that trip in the drysuit. A few months later I was involved in an explosion and haven't been cold/er water diving since.

I will also note that the person I previously sold this to, mistakenly thinking it was a 2XL/3XL, is 5'11" and 250-255 and it definitely did not fit him.

Hope this helps to clear things up. I'm happy to answer any more questions you all may have.

Thanks,
David

Dive Right In Scuba Invoice
Order Number: 3313
Detailed Invoice: order_id=3313
Date Ordered: Sunday 28 November, 2010

Please delay billing until noon CST. on this card. (See Mike if there are questions)
I didn't see sizing options for the Bullet Suit I am ordering. I believe it is a 2XL based on White's chart.
Here is my measured info. Please select for me. Height: 6'1", Weight: 129, Chest: 46, Waist: 42, Buttocks: 44, Crotch-to-Floor: 34-35. All Black suit.
I am also ordering the MK2's but I don't see any option for the XL KING, which I fit into best, it seems, so I used the next closest.
I have also Ordered the Light Monkey P-Valve, but if there is an option for the Bullet with the White's valve, I would prefer that.

Just to note for you, I have another order placed right before the Black Friday sale - Thursday evening. I'm not sure if it has already made it out - if not, it might be worth combining unless it jacks up the weight. I'm heading to Bonaire for a week this coming Saturday the 4th. IF the drysuit will slow down the other things ordered, please ship the other items ahead of it and I'll pay for shipping on the other. I need the Back Plate for the trip! :wink:

Any questions or concerns, please call me in the morning at: ----------------

Thanks!
David

Products
------------------------------------------------------
2 x 4th Element Xerotherm Socks (XT250S) = $29.90
Size 11-12
3 x Highland Highland SS Din Plug (AC210SS) = $36.00
1 x Whites Glacier MK0 (24-6005) = $119.00
Size XL
1 x Whites Glacier MK2 Base John Undergarment (246030) = $153.00
Size XL
1 x Whites Glacier MK2 Base Undergarment Jacket (246020) = $153.00
Size XL
1 x Whites 5mm Heat Glove (606013) = $68.00
Size XL
1 x Whites Heat Zip Dry Hood (60-4140) = $68.00
Size XL

1 x Argon System w/ Tank (argonsyswita) = $224.99
1 x Underwater Kinetics HangAir (24061) = $49.99
1 x Unified Team Diving UTD 6cf Backplate Mount Kit - Argon (1000-40-0200) = $19.57
1 x Go Pro HD Hero Naked (hdheronaked) = $199.99
1 x Whites Glacier MK3 Socks (21-1013) = $42.50
Size 12/13
1 x Whites Fusion Bullet Drysuit () = $1,649.99
Color Black

1 x Sartek Industries GoPro UW Housing (sarindGOpro) = $97.99
1 x Pinnacle Standard Weight Belt () = $18.50
Color Black
1 x Light Monkey Balanced Tinkle Valve w/Quick Disconnect (35.100.005) = $134.99
1 x Light Monkey Harness Webbing w/ Hardware Kit (20.300.010) = $40.00
2 x Hollis Quick Link (210.8008.035) = $11.90
1 x HOG Gear Backplate Aluminum (AL-BP) = $79.99
Color Blue
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $3,197.30
Points Redeemed: -$28.86
United Parcel Service (UPS Ground): $53.37
Total: $3,221.81

Attachments

• 20161216_203126.jpg
    20161216_203126.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20170420_102838.jpg
    20170420_102838.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 112
I just made a few calls and the consensus is that my correct size would be 2XL-3XL, and while I was able to get into it, there needs to be more room for undergarments, airspace, etc. Had I been diving this more, or trying to layer up, I would have realized that fact sooner than later.

All my measurements seem to work out according to Whites size chart. and I match you somewhat
200lbs (210 after Christmas)
6'
36" jeans waist
my shoe size is 10ish
is this a socket?
come with boots?
I will need lots of room for insulation as water temp here is 39f today

What do you mean is this a socket? I'm not familiar with the term, I don't think. It does not have attached boots, if that is what you are asking.
I wear a 11 wide sized shoe, or 12 if not wide, and there was still plenty of room inside the foot pocket to really layer up.
I had Hollis boots, sized 13 that worked well, but the person who previously purchased the suit (mentioned above) wanted to keep the boots and F1 fins so I no longer have those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom