Brand new...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zabnee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings!

I'm brand new to the game, having just dome my course and confined water dives this past weekend. Found this place today. As cold as it's going to be, doing my open water dives 2nd weekend of June at Tobermory. Brrr! Good thing hubby and I already have some 7mm suits!

Kim

Welcome to the Board, have fun with the OW dives!

I don't miss my 7mm days at all...

Greetings!

I'm brand new to the game, having just dome my course and confined water dives this past weekend. Found this place today. As cold as it's going to be, doing my open water dives 2nd weekend of June at Tobermory. Brrr! Good thing hubby and I already have some 7mm suits!

Kim

Welcome to SB and congrats on starting your OW training. I dive with a 7 mil here in Southern California and can't wait to experience what diving is like less encumbered.

Liar. You LOVE the gimp suit.

Welcome to SB and congrats on starting your OW training. I dive with a 7 mil here in Southern California and can't wait to experience what diving is like less encumbered.

Thanks! I haven't used mine yet, since CW was done in a pool at 80F.. Shall be interesting, though. Not sure I'll expect much less, being cold blooded and from the Great (frequently) White North. :coolsnow:

Untill next year, when I make a triumphant return to the Caribbean, to try my nad ad this underwater stuff there! :D

Thanks! I haven't used mine yet, since CW was done in a pool at 80F.. Shall be interesting, though. Not sure I'll expect much less, being cold blooded and from the Great (frequently) White North. :coolsnow:

Untill next year, when I make a triumphant return to the Caribbean, to try my nad ad this underwater stuff there! :D

I don't what suit you bought but I have the new Bare Reactive wetsuit and it is unbelievably warm. I know other divers that have said it is as warm as their drysuit. Regardless, enjoy your first real breath in OW and be sure to let us know it goes.

Welcome. I did my OW checkouts in Nov. here in NS. Probably not as cold water as Tobermory right now, but that time of year here it's the Air temp. that makes it tough. You'll get used to the logistics of diving wet in the cold. In Nov., Dec. and April I just do one dive in a day wet--gearing up in the basement. It's the gearing down outside that sucks. Things are much easier Jan.-March in (North) Florida... And people at the shop still ask me why I don't dive dry (oh, also at the shop in FLORIDA). First time I ever saw a drysuit was on a charter in Florida--I had to ask what it was. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Welcome. I did my OW checkouts in Nov. here in NS. Probably not as cold water as Tobermory right now, but that time of year here it's the Air temp. that makes it tough.

I had someone buy me a gift and it was delivered this weekend. I had no idea I was getting it but I think it would be perfect for you Great North divers..and good for those windy surface intervals here on the dive boat in SoCal.

Surf Fur

I tried it on and had to take it off right away it was so warm.

Welcome. I did my OW checkouts in Nov. here in NS. Probably not as cold water as Tobermory right now, but that time of year here it's the Air temp. that makes it tough. You'll get used to the logistics of diving wet in the cold. In Nov., Dec. and April I just do one dive in a day wet--gearing up in the basement. It's the gearing down outside that sucks. Things are much easier Jan.-March in (North) Florida... And people at the shop still ask me why I don't dive dry (oh, also at the shop in FLORIDA). First time I ever saw a drysuit was on a charter in Florida--I had to ask what it was. Enjoy.
Thankfully, air temp shouldn't be TOO bad. But it'll still be 4 dives over the weekend, so it'll still be putting on wet gear. If my boots are any indication though, I shouldn't have too much of an issue!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom