Introducing the new AIRBUDDY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But it's only 1280usd to get one on Kickstarter!

Seriously though, could you imagine getting your reg yanked out of your mouth by a passing boat?

Wonderful, if the get funded (and I hope they don't), yet another batch of poorly trained pseudo-divers grabbing the coral and sponges. I do hope the inventors get a really large insurance policy. This thing just screams AGE to me

But it's only 1280usd to get one on Kickstarter!

Seriously though, could you imagine getting your reg yanked out of your mouth by a passing boat?
That reminds me of a buddy that was diving in a lake with a flag. All of the sudden he's getting pulled to the surface. Once he reaches the surface, some guy on a jetski is yelling at him to let go of what he just found.

AirBuddy‘s inventor, Jan Kadlec, says:

“We created AirBuddy to provide an cheap alternative for self-guided shallow water flailing. It was created to eliminate all the hassle, time, expense, and safety that comes along with preparing for SCUBA diving.”

Yeah... it's still plum eluding me. At the price point, you can buy a lot of Scuba gear and not be tethered to the surface for 45 minutes. Think about it. It takes three hours to charge and you only get 45 minutes of diving. Yeah, it plum eludes me.

AirBuddy‘s inventor, Jan Kadlec, says:

“We created AirBuddy to provide an cheap alternative for self-guided shallow water flailing. It was created to eliminate all the hassle, time, expense, and safety that comes along with preparing for SCUBA diving.”
Yeah, because lack of an air tank eliminates a wetsuit, BCD, weights, mask, fins. Perfectly safe!

It also said he was a passionate diver. If he really was a diver he'd understand all this. Or he does and they're going the "put a disclaimer on it, make a quick buck" route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom