Whites Fusion Pee Valve Install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purge

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a Halcyon pee valve for my Whites Fusion drysuit and year ago, but I just couldn't bring myself to punching a hole. Every time l reached for the hammer I broke out in a cold sweat. HOPEFULLY today I'll get up the courage (and not screw it up). :fear:

I've got a post where I basically walk you through doing a p valve install on a fusion. It might help you.

Aqua Lung/Whites Fusion P-valve Install

Even if you screw it up you can patch it VERY EASILY. It takes like 5mins to patch a whites drysuit.

It's a different type of P valve (light monkey tinkle) but reading the process I went through should help you some.

Thanks Reku.
I don't see any circle that you talked about in your post.

Thanks Reku.
I don't see any circle that you talked about in your post.

I'm thinking that your drysuit core must be an older one without the circle. In this case you need to put the suit on and reach down between the skin and the suit and mark the core with some kind of marking so that you get the correct placement on your leg while the core is being compressed by the suit. After you mark it and you are happy with the placement of the mark you can take the suit off and pull the skin up from the ankle of the suit and punch the core. I used a plank of wood inside the core to create a surface to punch down onto.

Okay...done that.
I'm installing it on the left side for personal comfort. This is where the mark ended up.
20170423_180449.jpg

The spot I was trying to mark was about half way between my groin and knee, and about 45 degrees inwards. Do you think this looks right?

Last edited:
That is kinda like the whole "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?" Depends on the user and the sharpness of the punch. Mine took one whack, but make SURE you have something on the inside to protect the other side of the leg.

How many hits did you do to the hole punch to go through the patched spot on drycore?
As @Doby45 said, took one good whack when using a proper punch. I used a short piece of 2x4 inside the leg as a striking surface. I mounted my p-valve only through the drycore, not through the outer skin, and all is well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom