Scubapro G260 into deco regulator...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Larson

Registered
Reaction score
I have a spare Scubapro G260 and would like to use it for my decompression tank (>40%).
Can my dealer o2 clean this for me or should I buy a new second stage specific for breathing oxygen?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a spare Scubapro G260 and would like to use it for my decompression tank (<40%).
Can my dealer o2 clean this for me or should I buy a new second stage specific for breathing oxygen?

"decompression tank (<40%)" so the gas is less than 40% O2, the reg does not need to be O2 cleaned.

Since the O2 is no longer high pressure there is usually nothing to do to make it O2 compatible. As far as I know, only the tank and first stage and maybe the SPG need to be O2 cleaned.

i use a cleaned mk25 (I had an extra) and a G260 for a couple of years and haven't had a problem with 80%

Even though it's only seeing O2 at IP and ambient pressure, I would still make every attempt at O2 clean. That means using the correct lube, viton o-rings, and a dust-free work space.

Since you have the G260, by all means use it. But, if I were choosing a reg specifically for high O2 use, I think I would go with a metal case balanced/adjustable, which is the G260's ancestor. There is way less plastic and only two o-rings. The only problem is that you will get hooked on these old metal regs and then have a bunch of plastic regs sitting in a closet.

Back
Top Bottom