Liveaboard - August in Sea of Cortez - Citizen Science Trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkymn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I'm looking for some fellow divers to join me on a "Citizen Science" trip in the north part of the Sea of Cortez Aug 6th-13th. You fly into Phoenix and take a van down to Mexico to catch the boat. The liveaboard boat is called the Quino El Guardian, and they love to do what they call Citizen Science trips, where we regular divers get to participate (or not participate, it's up to you) in scientific research while getting in some great dives. This particular trip will have a researcher that specializes in whales, so I'm really looking forward to learning more about and seeing the whales! I don't work for the company or anything, just looking to find more people interested in diving, having fun, and learning something in the process. They also have a special going on right now, if we get 3 people, the 4th comes for free. (Essentially we all would just take 25% off our fees I'd think)

Here's a video about the Citizen Science trip. I did one before to Socorro on this boat and loved it, which is why I'm going back. (And actually going to go back to Socorro in January if anyone is interested in that one!)

If you're interested, let me know. And/or you can check out their web site at Explore Baja

Back
Top Bottom