Lets go diving , I have a boat in Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting discussion to say the least. Times have changed haven't they for the better or the worse.

Well I don't see the OP responding at all to this which says more to me than anything else. Seemed fishy from the start IMO.

Well I don't see the OP responding at all to this which says more to me than anything else. Seemed fishy from the start IMO.
He hasn't been online since he made the original post. Hope nobody actually wanted to go....

Any thoughts on the viability of handing a guest on your boat a piece of paper that simply states you cannot solicit donations for fuel because that would make you run afoul of the regulations against commercial operation?

It should be well known that Gas, Grass, or A$$, no one rides for free. At some age, some truths are self evident. If you have a hard time with the truth, you don't get invited a second time.

Any thoughts on the viability of handing a guest on your boat a piece of paper that simply states you cannot solicit donations for fuel because that would make you run afoul of the regulations against commercial operation?
For more discussion on this, look on SpearBoard. There are a ton of guys who don't get invited back because they didn't contribute the first time. You shouldn't have to ask for a fuel donation, you didn't have to say yes to the invitation.

Wonder how this all works when you get a long distance car ride with someone and offer to buy some gas. Same idea such as if the driver offers the ride but asks for gas $ as opposed to you volunteering it? Either way, is the car owner liable if you are injured? What about if a accident occurs during your turn to drive--or steer the boat?

This is simple: change the initial posting to read "fuel expenses will be equally distributed between all divers; comes out to be around $50 per diver."

This is simple: change the initial posting to read "fuel expenses will be equally distributed between all divers; comes out to be around $50 per diver."

Problem with that is you still are requiring compensation in exchange for carriage

Back
Top Bottom