Cruise out of Miami or San Juan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yle, I remember the Carnival 6 islands in 7 days, St John, St Marten, St Kitts, St Lucia, Dominica, Barbados. That was about 7 years ago and we were going to do it again but they dropped Dominica which was my favorite.

So when we decided to go on a cruise again this year we used the "Search for a Cruise" on "cruisecritic" and found a RCCL cruise that went to St Croix(had been wanted to dive there), St Marten, Dominica and Barbados(wanted to do these again, I'm ready to go to Dominica for at least a week), and Grenada(had a good second dive). So, I must have counted the seaday on the Jewel of the Seas as the 6th island. But I did find this with a quick search.

Silver Wind
  • Pro: All-inclusive pricing, fabulous crew
  • Bottom Line: A luxurious cruise experience without being pretentious
silver-wind-ship-photos.jpg

silversea-200x80_sm.jpg

7 Night Caribbean Cruise
San Juan Virgin Gorda St. Maarten St. Kitts Dominica Antigua Jost Van Dyke San Juan
Select a departure date:

I just got back from the Carnival cruise out of San Juan that hit the stops that OP mentioned. We did dives in St Thomas, St Kitts, and St Marteen. Our St Lucia boat was cancelled at the last minute as there were only two of us signed up.

It rained/stormed the first few days of the cruise so visibility wasn't excellent.

Dive ops were:
St Thomas: Underwater Safari - Went to Buck Island. Dive in reef and artificial reef ship that was sunk due to smuggling drugs. 80 ft viz with some particle due to storms.
St Kitts: Dive on the ferry wreck of the Christine and a boulder pile near shore. Visibility was ok. Around 50 ft with tons of particles in the water. I think the dive op was Dive St Kitts but I'll have to look at my log/pictures.
St Marteen: Best dives of the trip. Dive op was Octopus Diving. They were great. One old unnamed wreck with a ton of anchors, 100+ ft viz, and second dive on the container ship. Dives here were limited by your NDL and air usage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom