Actual Experience with Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been getting more dives in with the AI. Kind of disappointed the on-computer dive log doesn't display tank pressure.

Do you have a smart phone? You can always download the Shearwater Cloud app and download the dives to your phone / tablet, etc. Pressure is listed there. Not sure how it could easily be displayed on the Perdix AI itself without the ability to scroll through the timeline graph and select different points in the dive.

Just displaying start and end pressure would be nice. With that, the average depth, dive time, and a calculator (or pencil and paper, or a reasonably sharp brain), you could calculate your SAC. Or it could just display that, too.

Just displaying start and end pressure would be nice. With that, the average depth, dive time, and a calculator (or pencil and paper, or a reasonably sharp brain), you could calculate your SAC. Or it could just display that, too.
Agreed - likely another page in the log as I think the other 3 pages are full (depth graph page , temp graph page, summary info page). It would be good info to see right on the Perdix and should not be that hard to add in a firmware update (says the non code developer guy :))

I have a suggestion:
this should work for every version without be annoying on those using the non-AI version.
The log has 3 pages (let's call depth/temp/summary - thanks joneill).
When the AI is enabled (at least a trasmitter) there could be a 4th page (maybe to be displayed just after the depth or the temp ones) showing start pressure/ end pressure/ SAC foreach of the enabled transmitters.
Users without trasmitters or on the Petrel - plain Perdix devices will no notice any change.

Just my 2c

It does.
Mine has SAC. Go to your system setup and edit the rows and it's a option

Just completed a great week of diving in Cozumel. After reading the reviews regarding the Perdix AI on this board and elsewhere, I am sold and ordered one for delivery on Sunday back home. Thanks for all the great info although it did cost me $1175.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom