iX3M Deep/Tech+/Reb (Ratio computers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A buddy is looking for a dive computer in this category and--while I am more than comfortable steering him towards Shearwater--I ran across this model and was impressed with the specs. Looking around for hands-on reviews or opinions, I'm surprised they seem to be scarce. Has anyone had the opportunity to dive the iX3M Tech+?

I've had the Ratio iXM3 tech + for a few months , and had slowly starting using it as a backup to my Shearwater and OSTC4. Fortunately I did . After 40 dives it would inexplicably go into dive mode on the surface , throwing out all sorts of spurious information ( depth ( 2000 m ) , temperature - 489 degrees C , altitude 4800 m ) . I'll include video file of an example . Dive Industries ( Manufacturer in Italy ) initially said - update firmware ( which I already had ) - then after about a week of emailing constantly , they asked me to ship it back to them . Unfortunately i live in Australia. Overall ,and problem aside - I much prefer the OSTC4 . The menu selection is more intuitive that the Ratio.

Screenshot_20170921-230702.jpg

That water must be supercritical. Cool.

That problem is a hardware issue with the pressure sensor, all manufactures have this problem including Shearwater and HW.

I got a Ratio iXM3 Reb model just after they came out and use it as a backup to my Shearwater Petrel 2 Fischer and OSTC3.
The only issue I ever had with mine is having to remove the oring off of the end of the cable to get it to connect for firmware updates.
It is a good computer with some features that the others don't have.

I also am in Australia so know that the postage to send things overseas is not cheap or fast.
Let us know how long it takes to fix and if you are happy with their service.

I acknowledge that electro-mechanical components can be faulty , and that this is not exclusive to particular brands of dive computers , however so far I'm not really impressed by Dive Industries ( manufacturer) after sales service. I had a similar problem with a Shearwater Predator a few years ago. Shearwater had one in the mail to me before I received their email response, in less than 24hrs.
Dive Industries took about a week to respond after multiple attempts , and they are also charging me import duty they had to pay to receive the computer for repairs. The iX3M tech+does have lots of features , and with the exception of the gps most of them are of dubious usefulness.

Just an update . I contacted Dive Industries ( Ratio Manufacturer ) after approximately 3 weeks , to get an update on the status of my faulty computer . Their response was - not completely checked yet . Being use to Shearwater's speedy response , 3 weeks with a "no end in site" seems to be somewhat slow .

Hello guys,

Since I am interested in purchasing ix3m tech+, I am asking in this thread.

Does anyone of you use a screen protector for the screen on this computer? Does the manufacturer offer them in the box?

Having known that Shearwater provide screen protectors for its products, I couldnt find any infos about screen protectors for Ratio ix3m.
Does a simple screen protector for a cellphone screen cut in correct size of the screen do the job?

Thanks

Hello guys,

Since I am interested in purchasing ix3m tech+, I am asking in this thread.

Does anyone of you use a screen protector for the screen on this computer? Does the manufacturer offer them in the box?

Having known that Shearwater provide screen protectors for its products, I couldnt find any infos about screen protectors for Ratio ix3m.
Does a simple screen protector for a cellphone screen cut in correct size of the screen do the job?

Thanks

It comes with one but I am not sure if it is enough. I'd suggest that you get one in place of the one included in the box. Perhaps this vendor will have one:

Photodon.com

Comparison of their products:
https://www.photodon.com/Screen-Protector-Types.pdf

Screen Protectors Overview

I still haven't decided on which one to get, waiting for feedback from those that bought one for their computers :)

Last edited:
After slightly more than one month at the manufacturer ( Dive Industries in Italy ) , my faulty Ratio was returned repaired , with no explanation as to the cause of the fault ( I specifically requested one , and the support person at Dive Industries said they would send a report once once the computer was returned ) . I have requested again , by email , for them to send an explanation - no reply as of yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom