Going next week? Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going for 1 week... As I'm packing I realize I was going to need 2 bags for the plane. 1 bag for all of my gear (mask, snorkel, fins, lights, glow sticks, towels, full Wetsuit, shorty)
And a second bag for my clothes, bikinis, rash guards, and regular clothes, and toiletries.

I wish I could just put everything into 1 bag. And carry it all on board!!!

Do you guys most of the time carry 2 bags or 1 for a Bonaire trip, 1 week???

I normally don't like pizza, but captain don's has amazing pizza! You should try it! My fav restaurant in Bonaire is "It Rains Fishes" but it's a bit on the pricey side. I wouldn't waste luggage space by bringing food from the USA, the grocery stores are not that expensive.

I bring all my own gear so I normally check two bags and have one carry on and one personal item.... I usually bring too many clothes though lol

I bring my dive bag for all my gear and a smaller suitcase for clothes and my land camera gear. One carry on (scuba camera Pelican) and one personal item (laptop bag). Personally, I'm not a fan of It Rains Fishes. I usually either call it "It Rains Mediocrity" (it's way overpriced) or "It Rains Fish" (it always seems like they only have Wahoo). Flying IAH-BON tomorrow! Can't wait!

Omg!!!! ! I'm going tomorrow too.. My plane leaves from Atlanta to. See u there
I'm bringing 2 suitcases. A gear bag and another for my clothes

Omg!!!! ! I'm going tomorrow too.. My plane leaves from Atlanta to. See u there
I'm bringing 2 suitcases. A gear bag and another for my clothes

The flight from IAH always cracks me up. It's not very often you're on a 737 with practically nothing but scuba divers...lol.

There's 12 of us going and 11 are all on the same plane. I'm so excited omg I can't sleep!!!!

I'm going for 1 week... As I'm packing I realize I was going to need 2 bags for the plane. 1 bag for all of my gear (mask, snorkel, fins, lights, glow sticks, towels, full Wetsuit, shorty)
And a second bag for my clothes, bikinis, rash guards, and regular clothes, and toiletries.

I wish I could just put everything into 1 bag. And carry it all on board!!!

Do you guys most of the time carry 2 bags or 1 for a Bonaire trip, 1 week???
I use 1 checked bag that ends up weighing around 43 lbs. and the bag itself is probably 10-12lbs of that weight. In the checked bag goes my fins, BC, wetsuit, snorkel, dive knife, some tools, almost all of my clothes for the week (don't need nearly as much as you think) and toiletries. I have a decent sized carry on that goes in the overhead bin that takes my camera, Regulator, mask, dive light and the balance of my clothes (usually just 1 days worth and pajamas). Then 1 carry-on that can fit under the seat in front of me (backpack/daypack) that has my laptop, any reading materials, all of my money, cards, phone, chargers and passport.

I use 1 checked bag that ends up weighing around 43 lbs. and the bag itself is probably 10-12lbs of that weight. In the checked bag goes my fins, BC, wetsuit, snorkel, dive knife, some tools, almost all of my clothes for the week (don't need nearly as much as you think) and toiletries. I have a decent sized carry on that goes in the overhead bin that takes my camera, Regulator, mask, dive light and the balance of my clothes (usually just 1 days worth and pajamas). Then 1 carry-on that can fit under the seat in front of me (backpack/daypack) that has my laptop, any reading materials, all of my money, cards, phone, chargers and passport.
I went only once so far and booked late (Xmas new/year), so the only sort affordable flights seemed to be spirit to Aruba and then Insel Air. Spirit limits checked bags to 40lbs. So a lightweight duffel w/o wheels was a necessity. With that one checked bag and a carry on bag and a personal bag, all at the limit per person got us, one set of camera gear (compact, but with lights and flash), more lights, various spares etc., computers and whatnot (some of which should have stsyed home) there. T'was a lot of packing and weighing and re-packing so... and an extra 10 lbs would have been nice... ... and 6 hour layovers are tight if your carrier is spirit... Definitely will book further ahead next time.

Nikole,

I'm probably too late on this but you mentioned glowsticks and I'm not sure they're allowed.

If you do want pizza beware that Cap'n Don's is a flatbread/cracker crust sort of pizza. People love it - but not me. If you're from the midwest, Pasa Bon is more that style. If you're from the NYC area you shouldn't be eating pizza on Bonaire anyway.

Going to ask these quickly..

How much money to bring for 1 week? It's mainly for food. What are the restaurant prices like on the island (dinner only) Are there food kiosks for quick bites as well?

Has anyone stayed at the Windstock Resort? What did you think of itm

What is the food like on the island? And are the already-cut and fruits and vegetabless safe to eat?

What else to bring, besides my mask/snorkel /fins/booties/Wetsuit (I'm renting gear there) and I have a medicine bag.

Has anyone that has been, become ill on the island? Such as travelers diarrhea or Typhoid (did not get vaccine)

Probably will not be working out much at all but still would like to know where the gyms are? Besides voyage of success fitness center.

How long is the ride over to Klein Bonaire?

Did anyone get their AOW certification while there? How was it, though who, and we're most of the dives on the western, more calm side of the island?

Any other shipwrecks besides the helmer hooker

How much money to bring for 1 week? It's mainly for food. What are the restaurant prices like on the island (dinner only) Are there food kiosks for quick bites as well?

What is the food like on the island? And are the already-cut fruits and vegetabless safe to eat?

What else to bring, besides my mask/snorkel /fins/booties/Wetsuit (I'm renting gear there) and I have a medicine bag.

Has anyone that has been, become ill on the island? Such as travelers diarrhea or Typhoid (did not get vaccine)

Probably will not be working out much at all but still would like to know where the gyms are? Besides voyage of success fitness center.

Did anyone get their AOW certification while there? How was it, though who, and we're most of the dives on the western, more calm side of the island?

Any other shipwrecks besides the he

What is the food like on the island? And are the already-cut fruits and vegetabless safe to eat?

Any other shipwrecks besides the helmer hooker

Did anyone get their AOW certification while there? How was it, though who,

Back
Top Bottom