CMAS Fake Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is my CMAS C-Card Fake? I am a new CMAS 3 Star Diver here in Alexandria Egypt certified by Egyptian Underwater and Lifesaving Federation (EULF), what confuses me it has expiry date on it and need to renew yearly. According to CMAS International Standards only the Instructors have to renew their Card every 5 years.

Help guys, where can I report this issues.

I realise this thread is old so you probably have found the answer by yourself already. But all CMAS cards have an expiry date on them, not because they're fake, but because your CMAS card is linked with an insurance.

CMAS usually works with clubs, when you pay your membership fee for your club every year an insurance is included. Thus you will receive a new CMAS card every year around the date of expiry.

In other words, if you card is "expired" it's because your insurance has expired and you haven't paid a membership fee to a club anymore. Your certification still stands however, you'll just need to seek an insurance by yourself.

I realise this thread is old so you probably have found the answer by yourself already. But all CMAS cards have an expiry date on them, not because they're fake, but because your CMAS card is linked with an insurance.

CMAS usually works with clubs, when you pay your membership fee for your club every year an insurance is included. Thus you will receive a new CMAS card every year around the date of expiry.

In other words, if you card is "expired" it's because your insurance has expired and you haven't paid a membership fee to a club anymore. Your certification still stands however, you'll just need to seek an insurance by yourself.

Unfortunately the OP never returned after this Dec 2016 post. But just for the record, things can be handled differently in different countries.

I have several CMAS cards issued in Finland 2008-2015. None of them has an expiry date and none of them has insurance attached. Instructor cards (and certs) do indeed expire.

Last edited:
Indeed, it can be quite different per region. However, I know this to be the case for a number of countries, including the ones issued to me in Belgium. So it felt to me like the most likely explanation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom