MAKO: Perfect Fit Guarantee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Perfect Fit Guarantee

Hey Divers, Did you know I offer a “Perfect Fit Guarantee” on my Minimus Freedive Mask? Bottom line:
If this mask is not the best fitting mask you have ever tried on, I will give you a full refund and I will pay for the shipping to send it back.

mmm-dano-deans-blue-hole_dtl.jpg

I’m just your typical spearfisherman, and with this mask, I did 147 feet on my first attempt at a new PB

This is because of the amazingly low volume of air that this mask holds. The lenses are very close to your eyes so not only do you have very little volume to equalize at depth, your field of view is very wide which is great for spearfishing too.

The ultra low volume also makes the mask extremely easy to clear and along with the excellent field of view, has made this mask very popular with scuba divers.

Most divers know, I use the exact same factories as the expensive brands, so I can guarantee the highest quality gear. In some cases, those expensive brands actually sell the same products as I do. But, because I sell direct to you, instead of through dive shops, my prices are much less.

Same Factories – Same High Quality – No Dive Shop Markup

This awesome mask is another example of this.

This exact same high quality mask is sold in dive shops under a different name, for more than $65.00.

But, because I sell direct to you, this high quality mask is only $37.95. Check it out here.
Minimus

00ddd948-9338-4166-bdff-0d0d56058a04.jpg

Thanks for taking time to read this guys.
Dive Safe,
Dano

Dano,

I wear glasses. You comment that the lenses on these masks "are very close to your eyes". Is there room to fit a prescription lens (specifically bifocals) in them?

Thanks,
Hoag

If you were to have the lenses themselves ground it may work, but glue in addition lense would probably not work. The lense really is extremely close to your eyes.

Thanks for the inquiry!
Dano

Hey Dano!

I'm thinking about trying your mask out, but was thinking about ordering both the minimus and the catalina at the same time since I have kind of a large head. I've only dived a few times but the rentals always gave me flooding trouble.

Would it be OK to order both masks at once with the intent to return one? (I guess possibly both if they don't fit?)

I'm located in VA as well so shipping should be fairly cheap.

Hey Dano!

I'm thinking about trying your mask out, but was thinking about ordering both the minimus and the catalina at the same time since I have kind of a large head. I've only dived a few times but the rentals always gave me flooding trouble.

Would it be OK to order both masks at once with the intent to return one? (I guess possibly both if they don't fit?)

I'm located in VA as well so shipping should be fairly cheap.

I have one of those faces that only a high volume mask will fit. My noggin has about every problem for mask fit possible. Deepset eyes, crowsfeet, Pronounced brow (polite speak for Cro-Magnon forehead) and most masks with a "nose cup" painfully hit my nose between my eyes. The only thing missing is a beard. I saw the Mako challenge on another thread and ordered the Minimus, Catalina, and Baja. If you spent over $100, it was free shipping.

The mask was every bit as good as the $125 Scubapro I bought in a bind when my other mask dove off my forehead to enjoy another dive in Cozumel...alone. Yes, it leaked too, but I had to have something.

The Mako's didn't work for me, but returns were so easy, a caveman....err uh..I could do it. The Minimus was very close though and field of view was probably the best of the 100 or so masks I've tried on (better than the Scubapro wasting away in my dive locker) I emailed them and had a prepaid return label that day. Refund on the card before the next statement. My guess it was within 48 hours of the receipt.

Great company, great customer service, quality masks, and a no BS guarantee with no fine print. They will do what they say.

Full disclosure: I don't work for them, my sister is not married to the owner, I'm not dating the owners wife, the owner and I are not in a relationship, I don't owe them money, my dog does not crap on his lawn, I'm not their attorney, we don't go to church together, I did not disclose confidential information to their Soviet/Iranian/Nicaraguan marketing team, but I DO pee in my wetsuit...frequently...ok, constantly.

Just a great company with a great product.

Have no fear,
Jay

Wow!!!

Thanks for the feedback on my company and business practices. The Minimus mask really does have field of view - that is - approaching unlimited restriction - too bad it didn't fit you Jay

We do our best and we honor our commitments to customers.

Hey 1st1dreams: yes you can order two, you call also give us a call and schedule a visit to our warehouse/showroom. Not so far out of DC..

Thanks
Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom