Eon Steel pod battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UKmarcus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, my pod is flashing very faint green... two questions: how do I know when it's time to replace it - and can I use a regular battery, or do I need to get the "kit"?
Thanks@!

Your pod flashes faint green when it's working. To check the battery go to your gas screen and the Pod Info will tell you if the battery's okay.

Service life is supposed to be 200 dives or 2 years

Yes you need the full service kit.

Thanks for the reply... found it... battery actually looks ok. :) I don't get having to replace the housing... You think it's necessary? Seems to me, replacing the battery and o-ring ought to be enough. The kit costs about $43 at my local store... lotta money for a battery!~

I think it's a case of the possibility of the case being weakened by tightening the crews for a second time. I'm sure Suunto have a reason. I presume is doesn't take much water leaking inside to write off the transmitter.

Yeah the price is steep. I've not yet had to pay as I get max 6 months from my batteries due to the heat here (they don't like temps more than 30C. Heck even teh water I've been diving in this weekend is above that now. Another trip to my friendly dealer tomorrow as I have had 2 go down this weekend :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom