Pacific Coast Dive Center (Costa Rica)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IGM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Going to Costa Rica on vacation in July. I found Pacific Coast Dive Center near Playa Flamingo, and I was thinking of doing a few dives with them. Has anyone dove with them? I appreciate any recommendations, suggestions. etc.

Thanks,

Indira

Hi -

about 45 minutes away (according to Google maps) is Playa Ocotal. I dove with Rocket Frog Divers a few years ago and they were AMAZING. Michael, the owner, is really great. I highly recommend them and think you should consider them. We were out for 3 or 4 days of diving, I forget. We did the Cats and Bats island and then some local diving. We went in search for bull sharks and got Giant Pacific Mantas instead...20 feet wide! Unforgettable. PM or respond here if you have any specific questions. I still keep in touch with Michael. :)

We used them two years ago and I recall nothing bad to share. the pricing is negotiable if you care to play...I believe we paid $90 for a two tank dive.

We had great viz and warm water in December.....my avatar was taken on one of their dives actually...we stayed at Flamingo resort which I also recommend.

Have fun...it's great down there!

Hi -

about 45 minutes away (according to Google maps) is Playa Ocotal. I dove with Rocket Frog Divers a few years ago and they were AMAZING. Michael, the owner, is really great. I highly recommend them and think you should consider them. We were out for 3 or 4 days of diving, I forget. We did the Cats and Bats island and then some local diving. We went in search for bull sharks and got Giant Pacific Mantas instead...20 feet wide! Unforgettable. PM or respond here if you have any specific questions. I still keep in touch with Michael. :)
Hello Outofofficebrb,
Thank you so much for the information. Rocket Frog Divers' website shows some fantastic sites. If I were a little closer, they would be my first choice. I like the Catalina Islands trip they offer. The issue is I'm on vacation with my non-diving family (except for my nephew), and to get there and back requires a whole day. My family will kill me if I take my nephew for a day. They don't care about me :) Again thank you, I will keep them in mind for my next trip to Costa Rica.

Indira

We used them two years ago and I recall nothing bad to share. the pricing is negotiable if you care to play...I believe we paid $90 for a two tank dive.

We had great viz and warm water in December.....my avatar was taken on one of their dives actually...we stayed at Flamingo resort which I also recommend.

Have fun...it's great down there!

Hi Flyboy08,

I'm glad to hear your input. I'm not much a negotiator, but I will try and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Indira

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom