SB Venice Beach Dive

When do you want to dive Venice Beach 2017??? You may select two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone who knows the location, and when/how to do this shore dive needs to step up to drive this bus. I want to attend but have zero clue about the location, the UW conditions, etc.

Yeah, I tried it once about 15 years ago and had no clue what I was doing and therefore had no success and bailed. I hope someone in the know will be able to help out :)

I dive this area most weekends, and I would offer to help guide for the shore diving during this weekend event if needed.

There was a thread for the locations once upon a time.

In any case, generally the Alhambra site is best for meet ups.

Google map Alhambra Road, Venice Florida, there is limited parking at the beach entrance, so pull up, unload, then park in the neighborhood somewhere.

Walk down the beach towards the water, at the pipes, go right until you line up with the three trees seen from the beach with your back to the water.

Surface swim from there about a hundred yards out.

There was a small buoy over the blocks.

Beware of boaters.

Teeth are found in the gravel, if the bottom is sand, if you see sand dollars, there are no teeth.

There are fish around the blocks, flounder can be quite startling.

Every now and then manatee loom up out of the gloom and can be startling.

Viz is generally limited.

In my gallery are photos of the beach at Alhambra and underwater conditions.

full
[/IMG]
full

Three trees from water

full

Area where teeth will be found.

A good day viz is three feet

I dive this area most weekends, and I would offer to help guide for the shore diving during this weekend event if needed.
Excellent. Nice to have some experience to lead the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom