My New Gear Just arrived! Want to see what's in the box?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the shirt.

While your mileage may vary, my L orange fins are ever so slightly negatively buoyant in fresh water. However, in sea water (gulf of mexico / atlantic ocean area), they are ever so slightly positively buoyant. Granted, I still dive a pair of prototypes, but they're essentially the same as the production model minus a slight color change and different screws for the spring strap. (Production has 316 stainless steel screws to help fight against corrosion.) Anyway, just thought I'd mention that. I've watched one too many people accidentally drop a fin off the side of a boat and assume they were negatively buoyant. They'd search for it on the bottom only to realize it was right next to the boat the whole time. :) Again, because the salinity of the water you dive might be slightly different, your mileage may vary.

Overall, great research and great video. Now go dive!!!

Love the shirt.

While your mileage may vary, my L orange fins are ever so slightly negatively buoyant in fresh water. However, in sea water (gulf of mexico / atlantic ocean area), they are ever so slightly positively buoyant. Granted, I still dive a pair of prototypes, but they're essentially the same as the production model minus a slight color change and different screws for the spring strap. (Production has 316 stainless steel screws to help fight against corrosion.) Anyway, just thought I'd mention that. I've watched one too many people accidentally drop a fin off the side of a boat and assume they were negatively buoyant. They'd search for it on the bottom only to realize it was right next to the boat the whole time. :) Again, because the salinity of the water you dive might be slightly different, your mileage may vary.

Overall, great research and great video. Now go dive!!!

Thanks!! Yeah, I am hoping I'll be able to get down to Wakayama in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to get this stuff wet. I'll make sure I bring my cameras along as well. I'll be editing the reg-specific video next and need to double check the stats on a couple of things, but I am pretty sure all the info I need to double check is on the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom