underwater detecting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakeage

New
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had any experience go underwater metal detecting?
No fish hunting ,no lobster hunting, just hunting for metal.
And I am wondering how difficult using underwater detector is .

Not yet. I've seen some videos on YouTube. Looks like fun. My wife got me a Deteknix Scubatector recently but I haven't had a chance to take it out yet.
scuba-tector-deteknix-main.jpg

There's a dive shop that rents fancy metal detectors near me. I haven't tried it yet, but it's been on my someday list. I doubt theirs go anywhere near 200' though. I was thinking more along the lines of 5-15' where all the tourists drop stuff along the beach.

I bought a Vibra Tector, and have gone a couple times... I have yet to find anything but it is a blast.

Don't even think about it in places like Florida. Anything "embedded" in the sea floor belongs to the government, and if you have to dig or sweep to get it out...It ain't 1950 any more. (Alas.)

In some states, you can metal detect on state or county beaches, between the high water line and the water. In others, not.

So you get a rebreather and dive on moonless nights.(G)

Back
Top Bottom