1st Regulator Purchase New or Used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyhow, with 150 dives under your belt and clearly you really enjoy it, it makes sense for you to get a regulator you can trust and have fun diving with. I would not hesitate to buy used if you want to save some money. Regulators have not significantly improved in many years, just lots of new features and gimmicks.

And I found a very nice gently used (under 25 total dives) balanced reg..Hollis 500se with DC7 1st. DIN, I know, but I have the yoke conversion kit being sent as well. Cannot wait to work it out and have my "own" equipment from fin to mask. Thanks for your insight. If this works as advertised I may be buying some more gear for my wife who is still feeling out the whole dive experience.

I'd be happy to sell you a brand new balanced diaphragm regulator at a great price. You can send it back to have the first service performed for free (which should be done every 2 years / 200 dives for this particular regulator). Just head over to www.deep6gear.com and toss one in your cart. Use discount code SCUBABILLS for 5% off...

Okay, okay, you got me. Technically, I wouldn't be selling you the regulator, @cerich (owner of Deep 6) would be selling it to you. HE would be happy to sell you a brand new balanced diaphragm regulator at a great price :D

Head on over to Deep 6 Outfitters if you'd like to hear more about Deep 6, including reviews, projects, and goats.

Deep6 allows you to mail in for service, or (eventually) take a class to do it yourself. (one reason I like them)..

Not eventually- you can take the class now. In fact, I'll be teaching the class in Bradenton, FL at the end of July. You're more than welcome to join in- PM me if interested.

Sharing my first regulator purchase - a used US Divers Conshelf XIV.

I opted for this since I live on the island and would like to have a regulator that I can service easily. I also work for a dive shop so I have access to most repairing tools.

conshelf xiv.jpg

It came disassembled with new service kits for the first stage and both second stages. I had it set up this morning with the instruction manual and it took me about two hours to get everything together with new gauge and hoses. Really surprised by the simplicity of its internal mechanics.

Hooked it up to a tank and took it for a quick spin. It breathes perfect at 30m with no wet breaths.

Big thanks to @buddhasummer for the great regulator set. The re-chrome work is amazing. It looks so shiny that it could easily pass off as a new set of second stages.

Sharing my first regulator purchase - a used US Divers Conshelf XIV.

I opted for this since I live on the island and would like to have a regulator that I can service easily. I also work for a dive shop so I have access to most repairing tools.

View attachment 410840

It came disassembled with new service kits for the first stage and both second stages. I had it set up this morning with the instruction manual and it took me about two hours to get everything together with new gauge and hoses. Really surprised by the simplicity of its internal mechanics.

Hooked it up to a tank and took it for a quick spin. It breathes perfect at 30m with no wet breaths.

Big thanks to @buddhasummer for the great regulator set. The re-chrome work is amazing. It looks so shiny that it could easily pass off as a new set of second stages.

Like I said, shoelaces. Well done, they look very nice, glad you're happy and that you like them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom