Lembeh in february. Which resort would you recommend and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll put in a vote for KBR, though that's the only place I've stayed there, so I have nothing to compare it to. Every room is spacious and beautiful with a gorgeous view and the food was great. NAD DOES look like a great option as well, and definitely more budget friendly, so I'm sure you can't go wrong with either option. Honestly, I ruled them out just because I'm a spoiled American and need air con to sleep, but after looking at some reviews I think they do have AC now? Strange their website doesn't mention it. I'm definitely glad to hear all the positive things being said about the dive ops at NAD since Serge, the former manager there, is apparently now the cruise manager for the Raja Ampat liveaboard (Samambaia) I'll be taking next year. So, hopefully that great level of service you guys enjoyed at NAD will transfer to my boat experience.

Aside from that, I agree with what everyone else is saying. As long as you love muck, you won't get tired of it after 10-12 days and you'll see amazing critters on every single one of them. My first trip, I spend a week in Lembeh then a week on the Bunaken side to mix in some reef diving thinking I would get tired of the muck. After a couple days in Bunaken, I was wishing I had just stayed on the Lembeh side...lol.

Honestly, I ruled them out just because I'm a spoiled American and need air con to sleep, but after looking at some reviews I think they do have AC now? Strange their website doesn't mention it. .
All rooms at NAD have had AC since 2009 :)

I'll give Kasawari Lembeh Resort (KLR) a mention, though I am not really recommending it. My wife and I chose KLR for our one and so-far-only Lembeh trip, because we had somehow gotten the impression it was more luxurious than KBR, and this was a special trip for us. There was nothing wrong with KLR--it was absolutely top-notch--but I don't think I would choose KLR over KBR or Lembeh Resort after reading so many good reviews of the latter resorts. IF (and I have no idea) our spacious and wonderfully appointed room was any nicer than one at KBR, it hardly mattered because we spent so little time in the room with our eyes open. We were less experienced dive travelers back then :) Now we are a little more savvy, or at least we know what we need and what we don't need: after a day of diving and dinner, we are so tired that all we need is a clean bed in a quiet air-con room.

Hi would love to go to Lembeh for 10 to 12 days. Is this too much? If yes, what should I do as a combination, knowing that dive places in this time of the year can be risky?

I have received offers from various places: Kungkungan Bay Resort, Lembeh resort, , Bastianos resort and Divers Log in the order of decreasing prices. The first one, beeing almost the double in $$ compared to the last one.

Is there a valid reason for NOT selecting the two last ones on the list? Are the 2 other ones REALLY much better. We are mostly interested in finding nice dives in a relaxed and calm athmosphere, nothing very sophisticated in terms of entertainment and luxury.

Your opinions and advices are impatiently sought after . Thank you.

We spent the best week of my diving life at KBR - it is definitely worth the extra money. The guides were excellent and environmentally responsible. The food was was the best I have had at a dive resort and the resort staff was as excellent as the dive staff. We are planning to go back as soon as we can.

Jackie

Highdessert, the total distance from Divers Lodge Lembeh at the South-West tip of Lembeh Island to Hairball Resort, the furthest resort North, is 16 kilometers only. It is easy to find many excellent dive-sites all over Lembeh Strait.
Our boats leave at 08.00. The guests make two dives with an surface interval of 1h15 in between at the comfortable boats. Fresh lunch at 13.00 at the resort and later an optional third and night-dive. Many of our guests book a "private-boat" package and are free to make their own daily schedule. Often they prefer to bring lunch with them on the boat.

[QUOTE="highdesert, post: 7985459, member: I would suggest you station yourself somewhere near the center of Lembeh, as opposed to either end. It will be easier to reach all of the strait on more dives, rather than repeating. Have a look at NAD, which happens to be next door to Bastiano's. If you're a photo junkie, you'll appreciate their camera room(s).[/QUOTE]

Heck, just this last April the AC was so cold at NAD I woke up at 3 AM every night and shut it off as I was too dang cold.
Me too. I turned the AC up to 24-25 celcius during my stay last March and off entirely when going to bed. My 4th stay there. The enlarged camera room is great.

I love Kasawari and stay there every time I go. Their house reef, Jahir, has the best octo night dive!!

Kasawari%201_zpscelpdjtz.jpg

Kasawari%202_zpsy3vq5lkj.jpg

Kasawari%203_zpspnfndsjy.jpg

It might be a tad more expensive than some, but great guides, great service, wonderful food, HUGE camera room with lots of charging, beautiful rooms. That is all worth it, IMO.

Just an additional question. I know that the rainy season is from November till February. My plan was to go there in February 2018. But alternativelly, I could go there in November as well. Could this make a difference in terms of climate and water visibility? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom