Looking for new watch sized PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO A couple of other considerations are important when choosing a DC.

I'm in the process of picking a back up computer right now. Leaning toward the Aeris A300.
$199 on Amazon is a killer deal. Oceanic supports the computer with their 2 year warranty.

A300 uses either GSAT or PZ+. Users choice.
GSAT is the algorithm on my primary computer (Sherwood Wisdom 3).
Both have the the 3 step liberal to conservative refinement option for GSAT.
1) So there will be consistency between my primary and backup computers.

My dive dive partner has a primary using GSAT and a backup capable of Buhlmann.
2) So there will be consistency with my primary dive partner.

I believe the A300 can use the Oceanic cable for the VEO 2.0 or VEO 3.0.
I've done some reasearch on that believe that's accurate. Can anyone confirm?
With the strong US dollar a cable shopped outside the US lowers cost a bunch.

With the other A300 capabilities (including multi gas and 3 button operation) and it's everything I should need.

Not looking for AI on my backup. Algorithm choice and other features are more important to me.

I do have a question about the A300...If anyone has an A300 can they post the diameter of the A300 gauge face. I don't mean bezel edge to edge but the screen diameter itself.
I'm concerned about readability w/my old eyes...

Last edited:
yep.....

Any idea the distance acoss the face of A300 screen...excluding bezel?

I do have a question about the A300...If anyone has an A300 can they post the diameter of the A300 gauge face. I don't mean bezel edge to edge but the screen diameter itself.

There's more to it than just the screen diameter. I remember seeing a picture somebody posted in another thread a while back. I think they were wearing a Suunto Zoop and a Geo 2 side by side. The Zoop has a much larger diameter screen face. But, when you looked at them side by side, the actual numbers being displayed were right about the same size. The Zoop just had more whitespace between all the numbers on the display. In the picture, they looked virtually identical in terms of ability to read one or the other.

I use gauge reading mask($50.00) from DGX. Various magnification is available for individual eye.

That's exactly the info I need....thanks.

....and I'll check out the reading mask.

Just as a heads up I found a Suunto Zoop Novo (the new model) on Amazon today at @$209.00 delivered w/Prime. Great price.....but I don't want that algorithm....and there are a couple of more expensive models also. No idea the differences.

Last edited:
That is extremely good price for Suunto Zoop Novo but the algorithm is indeed not everyone favourite.

Careful with the Amazon Zoop. The search for a novo will return the price of $209 but if you look in the drop down menu it's actually the discontinued standard zoop. You have to select a novo and color and the price is the standard $329

See attached

Attachments

• IMG_2997.PNG
    IMG_2997.PNG
    127.1 KB · Views: 46
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom