Just Got My Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well come to Scuba Addicts - here we have a twelve stage plan..... wait a moment, no one wants to quit:rofl3:

Get out diving, enjoy yourself and see the part of the world than 90% of folk never get to see.

Congrats and welcome to the addiction

Congratulations. I too have recently certified. I originally certified in 1979. Lost my card many years ago and PADI doesn't keep records back that far. So, I started over completely. Much more challenging at 59 years old than it was at 21.

Now, to quote Dive Buddy, get off the computer and go diving!

Welcome back. I started at 49, a couple of decades ago.

Once you have a few dives done, try a liveaboard trip out of Freeport, to the Flower Garden and Stetson marine sanctuaries. As a Texan, you should patronize the "Texas Caribbean".
Lots of diving, at half the price of the "high-priced-spread" ;-)

howdy, welcome and Congratulations!

Welcome back. I started at 49, a couple of decades ago.

Once you have a few dives done, try a liveaboard trip out of Freeport, to the Flower Garden and Stetson marine sanctuaries. As a Texan, you should patronize the "Texas Caribbean".
Lots of diving, at half the price of the "high-priced-spread" ;-)

Those are what are called "big boy" dives. He needs more than a few dives and at least an AOW certification. A basic OW cert doesn't cover what he will need to know.
Those are a trip I want to take.
FWIW I was originally certified in '76 through PADI. They do have records going that far back, but the old certs aren't on computer yet. I think they had to go through a warehouse but they found mine. I still took a refresher after a long layoff from diving and recently completed my AOW through NAUI.
We don't have a lot of good diving here in Texas but there is some. It really depends on how far you are willing to drive.

They can definitely be "big boy" dives. But in late summer, the odds favor the newbies more, less current, warm water, and fewer weather blowouts.

I did it not long after cert. I believe it was my seventh post-cert dive when I jumped in, way offshore. Labor Day weekend. Calm as glass, hot, out of cell phone range, wonderful. Beautiful coral and critters, and a magical night dive at Stetson.

They can definitely be "big boy" dives. But in late summer, the odds favor the newbies more, less current, warm water, and fewer weather blowouts.

I did it not long after cert. I believe it was my seventh post-cert dive when I jumped in, way offshore. Labor Day weekend. Calm as glass, hot, out of cell phone range, wonderful. Beautiful coral and critters, and a magical night dive at Stetson.

I think you just helped me decide on when I may try to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom