Depth: 95 ft, In Deco, 500 psi, No Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aw, dumpsterDiver got banned? Well, I imagine he's not losing sleep over it and is happily living life. But, c'mon, the guy piped up in some little-viewed thread and told me to wear Palmolive gloves diving. And, although the shaky camera work could make me green, I enjoyed his vids, especially the ones where he was audibly cussing out his kids or a rogue powerboat driver. Perhaps he wasn't swearing, but one could feel his passion...:D

And yet there are countless boards that are populated by ranting argumentative and insulting personalities that are not nearly as popular as Scubaboard. The knowledgeable people are still here in abundance as is the information that people seek. There is even a place here where people are allowed to act as if they are in a pub and can get away with about anything short of throwing chairs and turning over the tables.

I understand that people are different and need a bit of latitude to be themselves but the entertainment value of people that are unwilling to treat others with respect and say outlandish things for shock value is perhaps not worth the people that we lose because they get exhausted from the rancor. The net is full of both approaches and this board seems pretty darned successful. Most of the moderation of ideas on this board is actually done by the members of the community. The mods mostly confine themselves to keeping it from becoming a cage match.

Nothing has seemed to have changed...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom