Looking for ideas; Liveaboard in May 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
TO hasten my search I am seeking input. We were narrowing into the Philippine Siren, but its full on the dates we are looking at (or is so limited we wont be able to pull the trigger fat enough).

WE have done a few in the Caribbean and also Fiji (got hosed on the weather - wind, waves, cold, rain).

We are looking for something further than the Caribbean and preferable warm water.

Komodo is worth a serious look. I've only done a handful of L-A's, but it (Komodo Dancer) is the only one I've had a strong desire to repeat (so I did!). Also, if you're into macro, Anilao is "like a land-based live-aboard". 4 dives/day, and not much else to do... Awesome diving, though!

I will give it some research for sure! thanks.

Is there some nice land options to chill out a while for a few days after?

Check out this 10-day liveaboard trip: Maumere-Komodo-Bali with Mermaid I

I did similar trip back in 2014. It was fantastic trip.

Check Out our Early Bird Special for a cruise in Komodo in May 2018. We have 2 departures (13th & 25th May) with 10 nights itineraries. 5 star liveaboard, stunning sceneries, colorful reefs, loads of macro, reef sharks and manta rays await you there!

Check out this 10-day liveaboard trip: Maumere-Komodo-Bali with Mermaid I

I did similar trip back in 2014. It was fantastic trip.

This looks great. What month did you go? I'm thinking if doing the 10 day Bali-Komodo-Bali trip.

In August, in 10-day Bali-Komodo-Bali also.

Cool, that's when I was thinking of going... or around Sep/ October. How was the weather in August? Windy? choppy or calm seas?

I hear that's when the weather shifts a little.

Cool, that's when I was thinking of going... or around Sep/ October. How was the weather in August? Windy? choppy or calm seas?

I hear that's when the weather shifts a little.

The best time to go. Calm weather, except during the Lombok strait passage, which is known for fierce current. I spent 3 days of diving in Bali (Tulamben, Padangbai, Nusa Penida) before embarking on Mermaid I. One of the morning before getting on the boat, I went diving in Crystal Bay, Nusa Penida & saw 5m Mola Mola that is shown in my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom