Second stage swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had two omni swivels start to leak on me... once was in a cave. I hear that they've changed, but I've gone to the 90 degree or 110 degree elbow instead and they work quite well. DGX has them for about $10.

I use 22" bungeed back up on all my regs. I'd think a 22" would be too short as a primary, ditto a 24".

Honest question. Maybe I'm missing something. If 22" is too short as primary, how is it not too short as a backup? If you're on your backup that likely means you are dealing with an issue, yours or someone else's. That would not seem like the time to be dealing with restricted head movement.

The hose you share needs to be longer. My backup reg is for me alone and bungeed around my neck. I share the one I am breathing on for a few reasons;
  • Easy to find
  • OOA diver knows that it works
  • Forces me to maintain both second stages equally
My primary is almost always a 7 ft hose, ergo, I have lots of room to deal with my buddy.

Anyone out there have experience with an add-on second stage swivel?

As I age the TMJ is getting worse. An Aqualung Comfo-bite mouthpiece has helped but I still get a tugging feeling on my regulator when I turn my head, which could be making me tense my jaw more.

A swivel sounds like it could help but it's also adding one more failure point.
I love the comfort swivel on my Atomic T3 - it is very comfortable and helps to minimize binding/pulling of the second stage as you move your head.

Atomic Aquatics Regulator Essential Accessories

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom