Image is really red underwater with red filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabriel Carignan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Croatia and testing out for the first time my gopro hero 4 black edition with a red filter that I bought also. I filmed some footage today but the image came out really bad and red. I was no deeper than 18 m/66feet I don't know what to do. Do I need a filter ? Can I fix the videos I had? Do I need a magenta or yellow filter? Please help I am new to this and really want some good footage !

thanks

Gabriel

Lots of options here. Let us see some video. Let us know the name/type/link of the filter. In most saltwater, I use www.BackScatter.com's shallow water filter on their flip five system.

salt water, I think the water is mostly blue. I did not use any light because I don't have any. On the filter there are no names but I think it's SINK. I bought them from a guy on Kijiji. I can't seem to be able to send a sample video do you have an email that I could send it to?

Also, I have 4 extra dives to do and I don't know what I should do I don't really have access to a store to buy more filters...

On the filter there are no names but I think it's SINK. I bought them from a guy on Kijiji.
Not all filters are created equal. You get what you pay for.
I can't seem to be able to send a sample video do you have an email that I could send it to?
Load it to Youtube and then embed it here using the film icon up above ... it will open a dialog box.

upload_2017-5-23_10-57-2.png

upload_2017-5-23_10-59-5.png

Chances are it is just a "red" filter rather than one that is intended to balance out the color changes due to sunlight passing through water.

You might be better off with no filter at all, and then trying to do some "while balance" in your post-processing.

Lots of options here. Let us see some video. Let us know the name/type/link of the filter. In most saltwater, I use www.BackScatter.com's shallow water filter on their flip five system.

Do you have the direct link to the one you are using? And the price is it US dollars ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom